ad: UR5CDX-1

100 Watts and a Wire: Episode 55 is posted

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0STH, Jul 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K0STH

K0STH Ham Member QRZ Page

On this episode, Christian tackles a weekend antenna project. How did it play? Will it stay? Also, the 100 Watts and a Wire NET prepares for a return. This time, our listeners are the net control and relay stations. Strong operators needed. Are you interested? Here's your chance. We also debut the headlines from Amateur Radio Newsline with Paul Braun, WD9GCO and Steve, WA5SAT introduces us to an inspiring ham.

-------

http://100wattsandawire.com/100-watts-and-a-wire/episode55

--------

100 Watts and a Wire ® is a weekly podcast celebrating amateur radio. Join Christian Cudnik, K0STH for topical conversation, interviews, news and an entertaining look at the adventures of a ham trying to figure it all out.

100 Watts and a Wire is perfect for those who are new to ham radio, those looking to serve as Elmer’s, and the technically curious crowd.

Whether you run 5 watts or 1500 watts, everyone is welcome. In our community, it's OK not to know everything, ask for help, give advice and get on the air.

Visit 100wattsandawire.com for more information. You can subscribe to the show by clicking the RSS feed. Or, by using podcast apps like, iTunes or Stitcher.

iTunes: goo.gl/G4ODJc
    Stitcher: goo.gl/X3hrsa

Calling Frequencies: 14287 and 7180

Our weekly 'Gathering of the Willing' happens on Thursday evenings beginning between 00:00 and 01:00 UTC. Bands and frequencies may vary.

W9LRM and WD9GCO like this.
  2. NX9Y

NX9Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Christian. Just wanted to say thanks for a great program. I enjoy listening to them while driving around at work! Keep up the good work and 73 from Illinois. Jason

K0STH likes this.
  3. K0STH

I appreciate you

4. N6HPX

N6HPX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, been using 100 watts and dipoles for 30 yrs and even if your an old timer they are still very good antennas...just cant be rotated like a beam but extremely useful

K0STH likes this.
  5. WJ0B

WJ0B Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it my understanding that you are looking for Hams to be Elmer' s now I ask about this from the very beginning and was told by Christian that that was not wanted?
    I still stand ready to act as a Emmer to any one in the Wichita KS area.

KE0GHU likes this.
  6. N4ACB

N4ACB Ham Member QRZ Page

Is Katie still with the show?

7. K0STH

If you like, I can mention you on the show. I'll mention your location and express your willingness to Elmer people in your area. However, 100 Watts and a Wire isn't working as a 'match.com' type of service. It's a show celebrating ham radio through the eyes of a newer ham. We have a Facebook group and a Twitter page. There, people can continue the conversation and ask ham radio related questions. I often encourage listeners to seek Elmering through radio clubs.

8. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

100' of wire & an 'ol Korean War US Army Signal Corps Rcvr. (with a bfo) for listening to cw & ssb transmissions ...worked great with a good grd. right to the copper water pipe coming into my parents house...gotta a lot of SWL cards back in the mid '70's & early '80's.No transmitting then Hi Hi.Respectfully submitted KB3WGW a.k.a. Jimi. p.s. 73's ALL.

K0STH likes this.
  9. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Ham Member QRZ Page