ad: Schulman-1

Callsign lookups not populating name

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K4SAX, Apr 19, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4SAX

K4SAX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had an issue for quite a while with HRD leaving the name field blank when looking up the callsign from QRZ. I switched over the Log4OM today and I still have the same issue with not receiving the name field being populated automatically. It makes me wonder if there is a setting or something on QRZ that is preventing that from happening since it has been an issue with both programs. All the settings on both logging software programs were set up properly as far as I could tell. Any suggestions to resolve it are appreciated.

2. K4SAX

No one??

3. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you logged into QRZ via you logging software? There should be a place for your QRZ log-on credentials in LOG4OM. Otherwise when you're not logged in the name and address fields are blank when doing look ups.

4. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is this on every lookup or just certain ones? Are all the other fields, such as address, populated?

5. K4SAX

Yes. It pulls everything except the name every time.

It is every one.

6. K8VHL

This is puzzling. Please post a full page screen shot of the page where the name is missing.

7. K4SAX

This morning my new setup using multicast (was not using it on HRD) with Win4Yaesu, Log4OM, WSJT-X, and Gridtracker is working properly and populating the name field. I love this new setup and love using W4Y and Log4OM - less learning curve and more intuitive imho.

Since I would have to reinstall HRD and change the settings in every program back to test it, I am not going through that again. I wanted out of Ham Radio Deluxe and found a solution I like, so I am all good. No idea why HRD was acting that way. Thanks for the willingness to jump in and find out what was going on! 73

8. K8VHL

I'm glad it's fixed and I like your solution!

9. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just curious about this. I have used HRD for years and have never had any issue with QRZ. I use the XML lookup feature through QRZ and it works just fine. Did you put in your QRZ credentials into the HRD "Callsign Lookup" under the "more" tab of the logbook section of HRD? That is all one needs to do to make sure the QRZ lookup feature works.

...............Bob