ad: Flexradio-1

FT8 Contest

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by SQ9GOL, Jan 13, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W3MMR

W3MMR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly, it disables TX after you send 73 and the contact is over, you have to intiate another contact. You cant just walk away from it. Thanks for proving my point

2. W3MMR

lol, thanks for posting those videos. As ive been saying the entire time, the contact itself is automatic. And once done, you must either initiate the next contact or call CQ. You cant just walk away...

3. W3MMR

Show me where in the WJST-X Software, not some robot software, that its fully automatic. Please

ND6M likes this.
  4. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

As usual you want someone else do the work for you. Pretty much as I expected so go look in the mirror before making some of your silly childish statements because you don't have a clue what I know or don't know & again just taking what you have maybe heard or read & did not agree with my point of view or opinion. You will get over it but it's obvious you will remain Lazy in your operating procedures & your lack or research. LOL You are as clueless as some in D.C. but I'd guess you worship many of those just reading your lack of knowledge replies & those are your Heros. Just for you:http://sv5dkl.blogspot.com/2018/04/sv5dkl-statement-regarding-ft8-amateur.html

Clayton
    W4KVW

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  5. VE7CRA

VE7CRA Ham Member QRZ Page

" douchebaggery" I LOVE it ! A terribly descriptive terminology that could only have come from the "old Sod"....I am still chuckling !

6. W3MMR

And I will say again... WSJT-X, IS NOT FULLY AUTOMATIC. You have to have a bot to make it fully automatic. Im still trying to figure out why im clueless and lazy. Did you look at my logbook like I recommended? Doesn't look too last to me.. Hmph, I dunno, am I missing something here Clayton? Maybe you should go back and re read what I said before you jump on folks as fast as you do those damn twinkies...

7. W3MMR

Oh and one more thing, you guys still havent told me where in WSJT-X the fully automatic button is... Sorry gramps, times they are a changin'!

8. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

re: "If you win the contest, the award should go to your computer, "

A 'chicken' is still required to occasionally peck at the keyboard ... TX watchdog timer and all. Then there is the choice of whom to contact, choosing a clear frequency, etc.

Maybe it does take more than just a chicken to do all that ...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  9. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

So with a Bot it can be set & run without a human being present. It's called AUTOMATIC once it has been set with the Bot & it will make contacts from then on. LOL Thanks for admitting that I am RIGHT as usual. I know it hurts you that I am correct & I never expected that you or any other LAZY operator would admit they are WRONG. I am not always right but I can't remember the last time I was wrong OM so thanks for keeping my record going. }:>) hehe haha :p

Clayton
    W4KVW

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You're just not reading this thread for what's actually being posted, are you.

NO it's not built into WSJT-X but there are many ways to AUTOMATE IT 100% - completely unattended operation/logging. Many hams are already doing it, day in and day out.

All it takes is macro managers that handle all the operational steps for you. Go back and view the longest of the YouTube videos I posted. He explains the entire process, end to end, of how to 100% FULLY AUTOMATE FT8 operation, from calling to logging and everything in between.

Dave
    W7UUU

W4KVW likes this.
  11. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually,WSJT is NOT "automatic".

A hacked software program (which is no longer WSJT) can be made to automate certain functions.

.... and just for the record, many CW keyers have certain "automated" functions too.

12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

However, they do not detect stations to call, call them, enter them into your logbook, and then move on to the next station to work... all while you're on a cruise ship for 30 days' vacation ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

13. W3MMR

Actually I am. You guys said that FT8 is fully automatic. FT8 is not. WSJT-X is not automatic. Yes it can be automated, but that's cheating. Cheating goes on everywhere, on everyband, in every part of life. People run over legal limit in contests all the time. Its the same principle. You guys can hate all ya want, but its the most popular thing in ham radio right now and its doing great things for it. Especially for folks who have a limited station...

14. W3MMR

Still waiting to find out why im lazy.. You look at that logbook yet and come back with some facts there Clayton?

15. W7UUU

I'm just glad you understand there ARE cheaters out there - using macros to run WSJT-X to rack up zillions of contacts even while they're at work.

It's just WRONG. I abhor cheating - and it's even more pathetic that folks doing that are cheating to make claims about "stations they worked".

Really low IMO

Dave
    W7UUU

W4KVW likes this.