ad: CQMM-1

Two YouTube Hams Interview Each Other Over HF - The way it should be.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jun 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Whatever it was, anybody who thinks the FCC is going to come knocking at their doors is in for some sad disappointment. :D

KB7TBT and N1NDN like this.
  2. KB9RLW

KB9RLW Ham Member QRZ Page

*sigh* Well I guess I'd better make some official statement here since I can see that some might want to make waves about this.
    I simply recorded an on air conversation, a chat, and it was labeled as such. Regardless, the video is not monatized on my channel and I will receive no compensation for views of it.
    If people still want to get their panties in a bunch, then we'd better get a specific addendum to rules to eliminate any and all on air QSO's from ever being shown on you tube, television, or any other broad coverage media. ;-)

W7GG, N4WLC, N3ZPC and 7 others like this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So, thus tell us why this is amateur radio news?

WJ1MK and WN1MB like this.
  4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to say, but it is the Zed. Not all--or even most--of the hams here are of the glass half empty variety, but there are a few. ;)

5. KB9RLW

Why ask me?

AG5DB likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not?

Do YOU think its news?

WJ1MK and K0UO like this.
  7. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

For many, YouTube is the only "Elmer" they have.

I have found some excellent video, at YouTube, for instruction.

I save video for viewing later, and I am interested in making a "Elmer" amateur radio instruction YouTube Playlist.

..yes, some of the YouTube video is that good.

W7GG, W9MRP, AG5DB and 2 others like this.
  8. KB9RLW

My opinion has no bearing on anything here.

AG5DB, N5VHT and K4AGO like this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Great point.

But why is that fact that two youtube-casters managing to talk with each other on the air constitute amateur radio news?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    WJ1MK and K0UO like this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK. Translation: there are no relevant facts as 'news', and we should ignore your opinion relative to this OP.

So....is there ANY reason for us to read this OP?

Your opinion discounted at your request, apparently....

Friend, we have big fish to fry. Part 97 is entering an era of spectrum attrition, and we have to justify our existence. What we project as NEWS is, and always will be, read in the context of the relevance-or lack of it--of Part 97. So--IMO--you SHOULD have an opinion on this matter, and support the mission. Of Part 97. This OP seems to have no relevancy to that mission.

Again, your opinion may differ, if you had one to express.

Chip W1YW

WJ1MK and KA2FIR like this.
  11. KB9RLW

I had nothing whatsoever to do with the posting of my video as news to this forum. If you have an axe to grind, or want to attack someone, you're aiming in the wrong direction.

W7GG, N4WLC, N2UN and 4 others like this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for trying to obscure the issue. I can see you must , IMO, be quite a veteran of internet responses. Hams actually hav a somewhat different philosophy--but IMO that is not your intent here. Maybe elsewhere; dunno.

The issue is not mine. Its ours. Its Part 97 licensees.

If I wanted to attack you I would do so.

Nope.

Sorry.

The fact is that two hams chatting on the air is a common occurrence and thus, in this case, lacking in news content. The conversation itself does not appear to focus on enhancing radio skills; enhancing international friendships; nor providing or preparing for emergency communications.

Have a nice day, and please let us know if you come up with news-worthy ham stuff in the future. I am sure we would all be interested, and our interest would be valid because of it.

73 ('best regards' in ham parlance),
    Chip W1YW

13. KB9RLW

Ah, I think I understand. You mistakenly presumed a piece of entertainment was somehow categorized as, or intended as 'news'. However, it was never directed or stated as being so.

A perceptual error on your part.

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I think not. But thanks for appearing to be civil.

Part 97 is not tasked as an entertainment medium. I am well aware that the allusion here is the use of your contact was for entertainment purposes.

There, apparently, lies your issue.

Chip W1YW

15. KB9RLW

Part 97 regulates communications over amateur radio. It has nothing to do with entertainment through other media.

W7GG, N4WLC, ND6M and 4 others like this.