ad: elecraft

ARRL Digital Membership $9.99/6 months

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC3DB, Jul 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Add QEX to that list as well

Dave
    W7UUU

2. K4ED

K4ED Ham Member QRZ Page

KC9UDX and AC3DB like this.
  3. KA1ICA

KA1ICA Ham Member QRZ Page

After paying $39 a year (which I thought was to high) for many years, the new $50 fee is outrageous. So I decided not to renew. There was no withdrawal. Life goes on without ARRL. I would love to get a look at their payroll. They might just have priced themselves out of business. Since the majority of people in the hobby are seniors on fixed incomes ARRL is a luxury they can't afford. And young people in the hobby have limited resources. What happened to senior discounts? It's all about GREED.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

There's those that "get it" and those that don't.

No sense raising blood pressure over it, unless you just need a medical condition for tonight on 75

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, KC9UDX, WN2C and 2 others like this.
  5. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Speak for YOUR SELF, I suspect you are just trolling for attention.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. W7UUU

Good LORD! This wins the prize for the stupidest post in this thread. What a CYNIC.

Care to post a link to your sources?

You sure as hell are not describing ME or the vast majority of hams I know in person.

Troll? much

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, KC9UDX, K1OIK and 1 other person like this.
  7. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

The only "young" people that don't have the resources are those that are way to lazy or cannot pass a drug test..........................

W7UUU and K1OIK like this.
  8. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess my consistent message that ham radio is so trivial that there is nothing related to ham radio that can cause resentment is hard for you to see? I do resent the time I lived in your state, of the 43 states I visited it was by far the worst. I was there in 1963.

W7JSD likes this.
  9. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why are ARRL dues outrageous?

10. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

You are exactly right, when it stops working a troll needs to find something to "play with" and these forums are FREE.

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...then show us who, exactly, is having their pockets lined...

12. K2PH

K2PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really ?? From the ARRL Website:

The American Radio Relay League, Inc. is an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) organization holding federal tax identification # 06-6000004

K3SX, WF9Q, KU4X and 1 other person like this.
  13. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Resentment over me taking back a bad post with "oh nevermind" has you that worked up? And Burt, for the record, Mississippi is not my state. Never was. Like you were I am sure, I'm counting the months 'till I get out.

Anyway, you seem awfully intent on trying to pick a fight here. Sorry, I just don't won't bite. I've already extended you more courtesy than I usually do on QRZ.COM by explaining the situation. This may be a first for me, but you have the last word. Go for it.

14. W7UUU

Golly - are you railing at ME? You don't quote who got you riled... I hope it's not me, but if so, let's talk about it! :)

[Note that I have a couple ignored posters that I never see their content - could be that]

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and K2NCC like this.
  15. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Where can I find that list if is visible to me, for my account.