ad: Mountaingoat-1

ARRL Digital Membership $9.99/6 months

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC3DB, Jul 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be very nice.

2. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So why say anything? Just cancel.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

boulderweird2.jpg
    Weed-WACKY Boulder, CO...... (this guy is not high BTW, just inverted))

Well, I did.

I don't think I am entitled to anything. I work my a&& off everyday kiddo.:)

Here's what my last week looked like:

1)went to the Project Viking reunion, gave an invited speech;
    2) took three days off, wrote 4 patent applications, hiked 20 miles in Rocky Mountain NP, saw the pot-happy weirdness that is Boulder,CO (I dont smoke);
    3) closed two deals on major new accounts;
    4) wrote two book chapters;
    5)worked on 4 new antennas;
    6) sent out 50 new cards on VUCC, worked 8 new grids on 6m;
    7) worked out logistics for housing our guest student from Africa (who will be attending Kennedy School of Govt.)

Slow week. Maybe you are right: the wickedness of Calvinistic 'total depravity' does seep in during the dog days of Summer.

Good time to visit the ARRL methinks!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    K2NCC likes this.
  4. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Scrunch up your forehead and strain to think about it really hard. If you have already posted a message and don't like it, can you cancel it? Nopers, BUT YOU CAN edit it and replace the text with something. My choice was "nevermind".

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't agree with everything Diane said, but she did a nice job detailing the issues.

In past decades, QST print made up a larger percentage of the overall cost of being a member. Like I said, advertisers basically pay the cost of the print edition nowadays. The editorial and technical staff /editorial costs are shared with digital QST.

QST print aint your $49 membership dues.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

That's a seriously odd thing to say.... must be the angry kitty talking :) Either that or have you been pantsing hams you run across? :D

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, K1OIK, KC9UDX and 1 other person like this.
  7. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

The OP might be referencing a skid mark fetish that has been undisclosed until now.

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, they can AFFORD it ... the naive assumption they make is its a matter of personal choice.

Here's the paradigm: new day, new clean pair.

9. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I chose the most logical possibility while slapping the ball back over the net.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Not getting it .... I'm an ARRL Diamond Member, my ham wife is a Diamond member on her own, I believe in what they do, I like to read QST, and I can assure you I don't need an "underwear inspector"

Such a really really weird course of discussion

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, K2PH, WF9Q and 2 others like this.
  11. VE7YE

VE7YE Guest

Take up golfing.

12. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

I subscribe to five ham magazines today and combined they don't add up to one subscription to 73.

13. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Scrunch up your forehead and strain to think about it really hard, I just wrote a message composed of, "nnnnnn" here then instead of posting it I went to another forum, do you see it here?

14. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Please post where you found 5 Ham Magazines, when Wayne Green W2NSD and 73 magazine went away I was down to just QST.

15. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I can name five.

QST
    QEX
    CQ
    QRP Quarterly
    RadComm

I get QST, CQ and QRP Quarterly. Of those I like QRP Quarterly the best.