ad: Retevis-1

Become a Centenial member "Oldest Continuously Operating Amateur Radio Club in NAmerica

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC2FO, Nov 13, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

Centennial Member Information

SJRA- South Jersey Radio Association,
    is pleased to announce a special membership, the Centennial Member, to celebrate the 100th year of the "Oldest Continuously Operating Amateur Radio Club in North America's."

The Centennial Member will have the following privileges:

• Able to participate in all SJRA 100th Anniversary Radio events as an SJRA member
    • Able to sign "/100" at the end of their call sign (FCC permission pending)
    • Receives an emailed PDF copy of our monthly newsletter, Harmonics
    • Has bragging rights to belong to the "Oldest Continuously Meeting Radio Club in North America"
    • Initiation fees will be waived when converting (prior to June 1, 2017) to a full SJRA membership
    • Includes SJRA 100th Anniversary Coffee Cup
    • Eligible to purchase SJRA Club merchandise such as
      • Additional 100th Anniversary Coffee Cups
      • Special 100th Anniversary patches in multiple sizes
      • Hats, shirts and jackets with the 100th Anniversary Logo
    • Receives a 100th Anniversary Certificate, suitable for framing
    Additional privileges and detail can be found in the Centennial Membership Application, as well as instructions on how to become a Centennial Member of SJRA.

If you would like additional information about the history of SJRA, please check out our history page. If you are interested in becoming a full, active member of SJRA, please visit our membership page.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm...then what is the RCA?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Our local club W7DK surely comes close! October of 1916... continuously operated and we hold a distinction of owning outright our own property and clubhouse on about a third of an acre in Tacoma, WA :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, N7CPM, KB7ZEL and 1 other person like this.
  4. AI2SS

AI2SS Ham Member QRZ Page

Medford is a bit of a hike from Toms River or I'd think about joining. :(

KB7ZEL and NU4R like this.
  5. VE3GTB

VE3GTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi There, Please add me to your membership list as also belong to the Treasure coasters club , our club has been in operation for 55+ years , I also belong to the 10 10 club which has been in operation for a whole bunch of yrs as well, I also belong to the Rag Chewrs club and have been so for a long time .
    So I would like to join up with you folks if you don't mind , many regards to you all 73 Lee Braun VE3gtb/VA3lb ...

6. VE6AFO

VE6AFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Is is Radio Club of Tacoma that hosts the Tacoma Hamfest?

Ken Oelke, VE6AFO

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

No unfortunately. The Big Ham Fest you're thinking of is put on by the Mic and Key Club. W7DK no longer hosts a fest. They did up until a few years ago - not to say that it won't come back but not for now

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  8. N1CC

N1CC Guest

Gee, what does that make the Albany Amateur Radio Association (NY) that celebrated their 100th Anniversary in 2014? (Former member) 73, Jim N1CC

9. W7UUU

Actually it was 2012 for their centennial!!

The Albany Amateur Radio Association, Incorporated (AARA) was founded in 1912, and is an American Radio Relay League (ARRL) affiliated Amateur Radio club. The mission of the AARA is to provide a common meeting forum for Radio Amateurs, provide emergency and public service communications and to provide amateur radio operator training. Centered in the Capital District of Upstate New York, AARA operates the K2CT/RPT repeater on 145.19 MHz (PL 103.5). The club callsign isK2CT. The Club Station Trustee is K2EP.

N7ANN likes this.
  10. N1CC

N1CC Guest

Yes, you are 100% correct, after even creating the logo concept I goofed up. It was indeed 1912-2012, Ernie (K2EP) is probably laughing like crazy.

11. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Jim.....DIdn't I meet you at the Collegiate Radio Operator's pizza dinner in Dayton?

12. N1CC

N1CC Guest

Eric, I don't think so ... I was only there in 2012 recently and was operating the QCWA Booth at Dayton.

13. VE6AFO

VE6AFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for that, Dave. When my wife and I were first married, we went to that Hamfest in either 1969 or 1970. My wife Linda-Lou,VE6LGO, won the ladies first prize, a 40 cup coffee percolator. Those were the days!

14. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

As a former Director and VP of SJRA would like to wish them CONGRATULATIONS many more Centennial celebrations.

15. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

So has the Club met continously since it's inception every single year since then?