ad: Retevis-1

QRZ Now Accepts LoTW Confirmations in QRZ Logbook

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N0AMT, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1FV

N1FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks very much Alex. The QSO was not in QRZ before now. The Grid is also different than that of the LoTW. I attempted to edit the state with the Edit function, but it kept hanging up for a long time and would not go through. Any ideas?
    Thanks again!

2. KC3BER

KC3BER Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you! Now I'm eligible for the DX 100 award! (also thanks for the awards on qrz) 73

3. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

For what it's worth, the new system worked very well for my admittedly modest LoTW download. Very impressed with the new log and award scheme - very well implemented indeed. It even looks good!

Well done!

4. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the work. I can only log into as N6KZB, I see no way to use the station_callsign during this process. My account has several logbooks under differing calls. This issue Is no way to get to xe2/n6kzb. Thanks again, and appreciate the effort.

Mike

5. KV4MO

KV4MO Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike

What location is shown for the LOTW confirmation? If you operate from multiple locations, you can set them up in LOTW, here are the directions:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/stnloc/

From your description, it sounds like every thing is keyed to your license address.

Patrick

6. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I go into my log there is NO "Settings" to click on.

If I open the "Get a Free Logbook" thingie, I get the QRZ page.

What gives?

K2WH

7. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

That is the "Logbook Summary Tab" on your callsign page. It is NOT your logbook. Hover your mouse over your callsign on the right hand side of the blue menubar and select "My Logbook" or goto logbook.qrz.com

8. N6KZB

I have only one log on account as n6kzb.
    Within that account are the other log books. xe2/n6kzb and n6kzb/xe2 which are combined by LoTw.
    (Had to combine as many people enter the prefix and some enter the suffix, this way LoTw gives me credit for both, as either is correct).
    I can only log in as n6kzb and then password.
    Then I can go to each other logbook by selecting it from LoTW pull down menus.

Log4OM log program lets me log in as N6KZB, but then uses the station_location set in TQSL, in this case xe2n6kzb to download from only the xe2/n6kzb account.
    The p12 file for xe2/n6kzb of course handles the upload.

If this helps. Perhaps best to handle this further by email, OK? getting hard to handle here, thanks for the effort sir.

9. AB6Z

AB6Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Works great... super instructions. Thank you for the nice new feature to an already great tool/Website.

Tom AB6Z

10. N0AMT

Email sent.

11. N0AMT

LoTW doesn't always give us all of the QSO information. I think Grid is excluded, for example, so we're left to do the best we can to figure it out.

Edit hanging when you click save is a pretty rare Javascript issue. Maybe try adding an extra zero to the end of the frequency on the QSO Info Tab, then click save. I have NO CLUE why this works some times, but I'm trying to resolve it.

12. N6KZB

;) Big thanks to:

[FONT=&quot]Alex M. Tarsha, N0AMT[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]IT/Software Engineer, QRZ.com

He stayed with me over many stressful emails and experiments, and was able to solve the multiple log book issue with LoTw.
    To say I am impressed is an understatement.
    Good job and thanks!!!

Mike xe2/n6kzb :eek:

[/FONT]

13. N0AMT

Thanks for that, Mike, but really the thanks go to people like you and Ron, KL7YK who not only have run into unique issues, but are patient enough to work with me to find and test the solution.

There will often be corner cases that we didn't expect, so your willingness, patience, and cooperation have been VERY welcome! Thank YOU!

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I'm setup for "download only" right now - does it just do its thing in the background? I.e., check with LoTW?
    Or am I missing a button to sync the two systems up?

But I'm not sure where my TQSL certificate lives - anyone by chance know the default folder and the file extension?
    And same question on the syncing...?

Thanks!

Dave
    W7UUU

15. N0AMT

Dave, forgive me for directing you to the FAQ, but it's explained far better than I can do right now, in the guides.

http://logbook.qrz.com/page/faq.html

The two LoTW sections are 3 and 4 up from the bottom. Both of them have links to the PDF setup guides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.