ad: QSLWorks-1

Brian Crow, K3VR issued $11,500 fine by FCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4DLE

W4DLE Ham Member QRZ Page

So what you are saying is that by using the name "libtards" you were NOT referring to liberals, meaning Democrats, meaning political name calling? Is there another use of that term I'm not familiar with?

2. AB4D

AB4D QRZ Lifetime Member #415 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

if I remember correctly, wasn't Karol Madera referred to as a "Fruit Cake" by Riley Hollingsworth during a presentation? Unfortunately, I ran across VE7KFM once on 20 when he was ranting like a lunatic. Seems, Riley wasn't too far off the mark.

3. KU4SD

KU4SD Ham Member QRZ Page

I listened to the "Big Knob" speech on YouTube and had a chance to hear Riley Hollingsworth in person in Atlanta within the last year. Besides calling the Canadian a fruitcake, he also said in the speech do not become part of the problem, report the problem as part of your self monitoring duties and move on. I believe he was specifically referring to people like K3VR when he said this.

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Riley spoke at the ARRL Centennial last Saturday. Unfortunately , it was at the same time as my presentation on Junk Radio, so I didn't get to hear it. No recordings were allowed, so wonder if anyone went to it and can relay what he had to say.

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

While I am no fan of Mr. Kerry by any means, and Dr. Cohen and I quite often do not see eye to eye...

That remark was uncalled for and most uncivil. One might even consider it a personal attack.

6. N1FM

N1FM Guest

BINGO!! Lee you go to the head of the class!!!! Two months ago the ARRL slammed the FCC in their published repository for advertisements and in a round about way slammed Laura by saying the best years of enforcement was during the years of Riley (paraphrasing of course). Now it is kick ass and take names and we will show the great and powerful ARRL that we will now do our job at their behest. I can't speak for Big Mike's issues on the NAL for I just don't know, but I can tell that Brian's NAL has more holes in it than a block of Swiss Cheese. Has anyone listened to 313 since the publication of the NAL's? Jamming and unidentified stations worse than ever... Good job Smithy, good job.

And, this and the other amateur NAL were in different EB Divisions, so different Directors involved.[/QUOTE]

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't want to know what 'libtard' means. But just for the record, my IQ is 152 and I am a conservative, whose best friends and neighbors are liberals. In Massachusetts we accept the fact that other people may have different views and approaches. Try it.

John Kerry is a very smart guy and is doing his very best to prevent WWIII. Am I am very glad he is pursuing resolution.

Chip W1YW

8. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Perhaps they could try using one of these if identifying every 10 minutes is difficult to remember..LOL.

634.jpg

9. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Calling someone a fruitcake did nothing. His idea of enforcement on this band was to ignore it, or post every little thing to ARRL's website - which in some cases drug some folks through the mud. By the time he left in 2008, this had already spiraled out of control. Don't they always say deal with it before it becomes a problem?

10. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well said. Perhaps there wasn't the motivation to pick more than just the low-hanging fruit. Or, to pursue others would some how reduce the importance of his case against ex-K1MAN. I always did find that a tad unusual.
    At least his official communications were always on paper and mailed. The idea of claiming that an email was/is an Official Inquiry or Warning is really stretching things. Especially since I was reminded just this morning of having received an email that appeared to be from another amateur, but had a hidden original address from somewhere in Brazil.

The same sort of thing could have been done with Laura Smith's name....and official email address.

11. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

We could use some of that MA tolerance down here in AL.

12. N5IT

N5IT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Then why is it that with all of the super long distance DF capabilities that some people claim that the FCC now has, is the FCC only managing to locate those operators which are properly identifying their transmissions on 313 with valid callsigns? There are many unidentified jammers that continue their antics unabated on a daily basis. Some of these are licensed and some are not.

13. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me know where you see Democrat mentioned in there sport, Thanks for playing.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberal

[h=1]liberal[/h]   <g:plusone size="medium" href="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberal" count="true" callback="plusone_vote"></g:plusone>

[h=2]lib·er·al[/h] [lib-er-uh[​IMG][​IMG]l, lib-ruh[​IMG][​IMG]l] Show IPA
    adjective1.favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

2.( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressivepolitical reform.

3.of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual andgovernmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

4.favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially asguaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

5.favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief orexpression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.

14. N5IT

N5IT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe the same thing happened to Kingsville. I could not find it in satellite or street views.

15. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't worry John Kerry nor Joe are members here so I wouldn't call it a personal attack more of an opinion based on previous statements they both have made.

Glad I don't have to ask you for permission to speak Ill decide what I want to say thank you very much.

This outta be good for another 100 look ups on my QRZ page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.