ad: AbAuRe-1

*ATTENTION* My Daughter is Missing

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4DLT, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N4DLT

N4DLT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No cell. The hardest part is sitting here no knowing and not being able to do anything. The total helpless feeling. I will keep everyone updated as I get new info. Thanks everyone for your support, I really appreciate it.

Find me on FaceBook also:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/WestphalenPhoto

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I shall keep Tabatha in my prayers hoping she returns safe.

3. KB5SXC

KB5SXC Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to consider....

Posting this info with any and all employees of the Truck Stops in the Western NC, SC, VA, and Eastern TN. KY and Northern GA.

7 Days, if she isn't staying with a Friend in the Local Area,(which is most common, even though they might not tell you.)

She could have gotten most anywhere, by hitching a ride with a Trucker.

I drove Freightliner/Reefer Rig Over-the-Road for a year, and must have been approached 15 to 20 times by Young Ladies wanting a ride to another State or Truck Stop for a Variety of Reasons, Never Gave them a ride, contrary to Company Policy. Keep this in mind.

Hope, this comes to a favourable conclusion for You and Your's

KB5SXC
    Leo

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  4. N4DLT

Thanks Leo,

I didn't think of that. I'm on it. Thanks again.

5. WA4OTD

WA4OTD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With a 15 year old daughter my prayers are with you. I couldn't imagine my daughter being missing for a week.

I can't think of any advise that I'm sure you have tried already.

6. N4DLT

7. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

So sorry to hear about this. Like so many others here, praying that she returns home safe.
    Another thought, if she has a credit card you might be able to track her by calling the credit company to see if there's been any activity, when and where she's used it. A buddy of mine tracked his wife that way after she walked out on him in a snit.
    Very 73, and God bless...Joe

8. WI9EMS

WI9EMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Our prayers are with you. I will circulate this and will keep a lookout in Southeastern Wisconsin.

9. N4DLT

Thank you so much.

10. OZ0MJ

OZ0MJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope she will return soon,
    My feelings are whit you..

73's Morten
    Copenhagen - Denmark

11. KC2VUE

KC2VUE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope she returns safe

I hope she has a safe return if you don't mind I am posting the info on facebook I have friends down in NC, and a link to this message for her photos.

12. K2VI

K2VI Ham Member QRZ Page

keep optimistic

75% chance she ran away and at a friends house. We will pray she returns home and is grounded for a long time. Will pass this around here in the va beach area.

tony c

13. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I sure hope so, that's a great outcome.

I've also passed this around here in California, but unless she has some connection here, it's unlikely she'd be out this far.

Most of these have a happy ending, and I'm keeping fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed this one does, too.:)

14. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Surveillance/security cameras in the area, at shops, bus stations, etc?

I'm so 10000% in favor of surveillance "everywhere" just exactly for this kind of event. The more cameras watching us, the better. I'm all for "Big Brother," when it comes to kids wandering off for any reason.

15. K7DUG

K7DUG Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave, I'm 1 1/2 hours up the road from you and spend a lot of my time on the road for work. I'll be looking up here in the NC/VA area. I can only imagine the heartache you are going through. Hang in there! 73 Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.