ad: UR5CDX-1

*ATTENTION* My Daughter is Missing

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4DLT, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N4DLT

N4DLT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks so much. The more exposure the better.

2. N4DLT

3. KC0UWF

KC0UWF Ham Member QRZ Page

from a MN chief of Police

nevermind..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  4. KC0UWF

KC0UWF Ham Member QRZ Page

where were you?

5. KU0G

KU0G Ham Member QRZ Page

What an INSENSITIVE comments from someone who is allegedly a Chief of Police. One would think you might have read the earlier posts which clearly states that the girl's mother has custody. You should know better than anyone else that a father has virtually NO chance of getting custody of a child.

Shame on the mother, though, for NOT involving the father in resolving the problems rather than just shipping her off to foster care. Maybe if the MOTHER would have given her the option to live with her dad this situation wouldn't be what it is!

Your constituents should know how crass your attitude is. Bet you'd have a little trouble getting re-elected/re-appointed if they read this! David should be thankful it wasn't in YOUR jurisdiction that this took place!!!

6. KC8AHN

KC8AHN Ham Member QRZ Page

To the bolded comment I beg to differ. The courts are more and more allowing fathers to have custody their children and are finding that mothers are not always the best choice, trust me, I have custody of mine.

7. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Praying that she is found safe, I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I've seen this, too.

But from what I've seen and heard about, the easiest way for a dad to achieve custody is for the mom to not want it. Dad's next, then aunts & uncles, grandparents, et al. The foster program is usually last resort.

9. WA7NXI

WA7NXI Ham Member QRZ Page

Any updates or leads or anything yet?

10. WA4OTD

WA4OTD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm wondering the same, any spottings, facebook leads, friends hear anything, mom hear anything?

11. N0WYO

N0WYO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You know, this isn't the best place for a discussion on parental custody. A man's child is missing, and THAT'S what we should be focusing on here.

Whatever arrangements that have been made with David's kids are his business.

There have been many who have done what they can to help get this young lady back home safely. Lets keep that in mind, shall we?;)

12. KU0G

KU0G Ham Member QRZ Page

You're right. We need to keep our eye on the ball here... My apologies for sending us off on this tangent but I'm still seeing red about the Police Chief's comments. They were completely unprofessional and out of line!

13. N0WYO

It's alright. This is really a hotbutton issue for anyone who has kids. Emotions are bound to run high. But we do Dave no good expressing them here. I would be happy to participate in a discussion along these lines in the rag chew section. They send me steaming too.

14. N4DLT

No leads or spotting at this time. 13 days missing and still no one has seen or heard anything. This is killing me not knowing what has happened.

15. N0WYO

Dave,

I have passed this information along to the County emergency managers I know. They are active with their respective ham communities and have passed this information on.

I've also mentioned this in several HF nets I frequent.

I live in Nebraska so I don't know that there's anything I can do here. If you think of anything let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.