ad: k1jek

YOTA month starts today

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

YOTA logo.jpg YOTA month starts today

Youngsters On The Air month starts today, 35 Callsigns with a YOTA suffix will become active during the whole month of December.

This year stations widely spread through Region 1 will be taking part, not only Europe, but also from Africa and Middle-East, even two stations outside the Region from Asia and the Caribbean's are part of this event.

Feel free to make a QSO with the youngsters, they are happy to get some attention and exchange information. Licensed and unlicensed youth will be making QSO's, be aware this could be their first radio contact ever and give them a chance to experience a possible new hobby.

There is a special award available for working more YOTA stations.
    All information, also about QSLing, is available on the December YOTA month website.
    http://www.ham-yota.com/december-yota-month/

[​IMG]

Follow Southgate News on Twitter
    Join us on Facebook

2. 2E0MLJ

2E0MLJ Subscriber QRZ Page

We've got 2 late callsigns that have joined us at YOTA, which brings the number up to 37.

All callsigns have a QRZ page and thanks to the team at QRZ that helped with that. Especially Dave, WS2L!

3. K5VV

K5VV Ham Member QRZ Page

As a ham who started as a youngster, I look forward to hearing them and seeing them on the cluster!

Matt k5uq

4. KK5YY

KK5YY Ham Member QRZ Page

Any special frequencies/times they will be operating? Thank you and 73s.

Gregg
    K1GLD

5. 2E0MLJ

2E0MLJ Subscriber QRZ Page

Gregg, it's all over the IARU Region 1 with loads of different countries and frequencies. If you'd like to drop me an email at youth.chairman@rsgb.org.uk I'll forward you on to the NET manager who will be able to arrange something.

Mike
    Radio Society of Great Britain
    Youth Coordinator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.