ad: cq2k-1

YARP Ep. 4 – Getting on the Air, Mic Fright, How Repeaters Work, and HF

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD0LOS, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD0LOS

KD0LOS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

[h=2]Episode 4 of the Youth in Amateur Radio Podcast, Getting on the Air, Getting over Mic Fright, How Repeaters work, and how HF works is now available on yarphams.com, itunes, and our RSS feed. In this episode we discuss the basics of getting on the air to understanding repeaters. As always, thank you for listening and don’t hesitate to contact us with comments and suggestions.

-The YARP Team-
    [/h]

2. KA4LEC

KA4LEC Ham Member QRZ Page

Our amateur radio club and a local middle school have been training to prepare for an upcoming ARISS contact. One thing we did to help the students overcome mic fright was to have one of our members simulate an astronaut. We had him talk to the students via HT and let them rehearse their questions. We are also doing this right before the event with full set up so they know what to expect.

3. KD0LOS

That is awesome! Great way to introduce the kids to the Hobby! I hope you get some new hams out of the contact!

4. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a link to the show for those of us who may have not heard of it before. If you want listeners you have to make it easy for them to find you.

5. KD0LOS

sorry... I had it in there I just didn't format to come up as a link. It is http://yarphams.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.