ad: Schulman-1

WWV celebrating 100 Years

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0UO, May 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You guys are getting way off track, when I posted this 100 year anniversary it was in celebration of WWV.
    If you want to talk about Club call signs just start another post, there's been a lot of discussion about 1 by 1 special event and Club call signs over the years on QRZ

K0UO Rhombic sntenna Farm

KA2FIR likes this.
  2. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

hallo congratolation celebretin 100. year,s vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

3. W6DRO

W6DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K0UO

5. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Link is not working for me today using Firefox or Chrome.
    Have they finished accepting applications and/or have they confirmed operating assignments?

6. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Appears they had some server issue, but are now back online. :)

7. WS7M

WS7M Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi all, I'm on the WWV100 committee and we are still accepting operator apps as well as just volunteer apps, equipment loans, etc. Please take the time now to look into scheduling a trip to be a part of the celebration.

Yes the web host had an issue and we have been working with them to increase site availability.

If you have not yet planned your trip for the celebration, now is the time to do so and lock in your operating hours. We will have gear from Flex Radio, Elecraft and SteppIR. Our site is directly in view of the massive WWVB towers of the south eastern WWVB antenna. On wwv100.com there is a site map that shows where the op site will be relative to WWV/WWVB.

We currently have approximately 100 operators but there are still operating spots open!

Mark - WS7M

K0UO likes this.
  8. K0UO

I've had a couple of people ask where is the operator schedule listed and I don't really see it on your links

9. WS7M

Hum... You are right. We used to have a link for a "redacted" operator schedule to protect the privacy of various operators but it did show what slots where open and which where taken. It could have been a victim of the server crash.

I've sent an email to the operators guy to find out where that is and I'll post something back into this forum.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

My advice to any who are interested in operating is to simply fill out the operator application. Please do not worry about what the website says regarding 3 hour shifts and two operators. That was a very early "thought" on what might work best. At this point we have a fair number of single operators doing 1 and 2 hour shifts.

http://wwv100.com/index.php/operators/operator-application-2

10. WS7M

Hi all,

This link will show you the currently filled operator slots for the WWV celebration. Call signs are redacted to protect privacy. Any block that is colored has an operator in that slot. The colors indicate the operating mode. We are still working through operators and filling lots so check this link frequently if interested.

Our operator coordinator will start to monitor this thread to answer any questions people may have. Thanks! Mark - WS7M

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eomg3WGA_dWeUD1Vm6U4FKZ6CZvKPRqwRcGKOQB2bLk/edit?usp=sharing

11. KK8O

KK8O Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey all I am heading up operator scheduling for WWV. The website has misleading info and I am working with the site maintainer to update the operators page. We have roughly 100 operator applications, about 1/4 of them have been scheduled and slotted into the operator schedule link Mark shared above.

We are accepting applications open ended. There is no cut off date at this point in time.

Please be patient, as it is literally me emailing each person in my "free time" and working out when they can operate . I've got 2 small kids and a full time job, so that "free time" is extremely rare.

If you have questions you may ask them here, I will try to monitor the thread, or direct via email - see qrz for address.

-Eric

12. KK8O

KK8O Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI to all, I have updated the operators website to fix the incorrect information, as well as posted direct links to the current operators schedule, and operator application form.

13. W2WDX

W2WDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The talk about WWV shutting down was based on a proposed cut in funding in a Budget Proposal by the US Executive branch; which was not adopted by Congress. The legislation proposal was rejected by both houses and not passed (along with most proposals from the White House which has had no legislative achievements to date). So for now, WWV and NIST will continue as it had before for the time being.

No further legislation concerning funding for NIST is on the table at this time.