ad: CQMM-1

The late John W Markwell - G1ABO of Folkestone, England

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KAZBAT, Jun 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KAZBAT

KAZBAT QRZ Member

(I've just come across this site. I was reading messages in another forum and this site was mentioned.)

It is with regret that I announce the passing of my father, John W Markwell, whose callsign was G1ABO.

Dad passed away on 16 August 2016, peacefully, in a nursing home near to his home in Folkestone, Kent, after a long illness bravely borne. He is sorely missed by his daughters Katrina, Ruth and Philippa, and his five grandchildren.

Dad absolutely loved his radios when he was still able to use them. Sadly, in his later years, dementia struck and he lost out on his 'normalcy' when he became unable to access his hobby room and thereby was unable to use his radios and other hobby equipment. However, we buried him with a small pocket-sized plaque in his breast pocket, on which he had long ago had his callsign etched, so he will be forever known by many as 'G1ABO'. :)

I wish there was an aerial strong enough to transmit messages and love to you, Dad.

Love you always and forever, my Daddybear!

Ruth
    xxxx

GD4OEL likes this.