ad: CQMM-1

The ARRL Letter, September 16, 2021

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WW1ME, Sep 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Tom,

Just received an election "email flyer" from my New England Division Director. I found something within said flyer which might shed some light on the soon-to-be open position of Treasurer in January 2022. Here's the text:

"Investment Management Committee. Reading the back pages of the ARRL Annual report, I discovered that the ARRL has an endowment of ~$40 million, and it has been managed for at least 40 years by ONE GUY, basically unsupervised. We’ve been lucky. They were good, honest, CPAs. But the supervision by the ARRL Board’s Administration & Finance Committee was superficial, because Board members generally have little or no experience in investment management. I created a position paper that convinced the Board to create an Investment Management Committee (IMC). The IMC will recommend a professional money management team to the full Board in January 2022. It’s your money, and we’re supposed to take care of it. I’m making that happen. The result? We will be able to afford to what we need to do to advance Amateur Radio for us and the next generation."

Innocent coincidence or otherwise?