ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KK4DW

KK4DW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have discovered a most excellent, well-behaved, and comprehensive Morse Code program available for free download from the New Zealand Amateur Radio Transmitters club.  It is simply called "Teach".  It works beautifully in Windows and utilizes the sound card.  It can be downloaded from

http://www.nzart.org.nz/nzart/Exam/  It is easy to install and you can put an Icon on your desktop when you finish installing it from its execute program.  

The learning portion sends random characters which you answer by pressing the correct key on your keyboard.  A correct response shortens a bar displayed along the bottom of the screen.  The characters are repeated throughout the drill to make sure you learn them.  Object is to shorten all to their shortest height.  It also has text message drills -  bunches of different ones.  I usually open a wordpad or notepad screen to type them in as it sends and then compare the copy with what was sent.  You can switch off the "sent" screen so you cannot cheat.  You can adjust speed, tone pitch, etc. to make it as easy or challenging as you want.  I have NuMorse Professional as well and I would say that while "Teach" isn't perhaps as sophisticated, it does darned well.  The more you use it the more you find things you didn't think it did.  It is very, very well done.  It darned sure isn't one of these hokey DOS things that use the internal PC speaker that sounds like an angry bee and ends up locking up the computer like so many of the other freebees do.  I highly recommend "Teach" !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.