ad: CQMM-1

Suicide Note on Hamsexy

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KC2ESD, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC2ESD

KC2ESD Ham Member QRZ Page

I just seen this on the Hamsexy Website.
    Suicide Post

The call for the Ham is K0DEN and he lives in Aurora, Colorado. If you know this Ham please make contact with him or call the Local Police, there is a Life at stake.

2. KC2ESD

K0DEN has been found and is OK, he was just sick for a couple of days. The above link has been updated. I'm glad he is OK.

3. KA5PIU

KA5PIU Guest

Hello.

I read a bit, what was there.
    The guy is OK, that is excellent!
    Somebody wants Motorola RSS, that part I do not understand.
    Is there a connection?

4. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Radio Service Software=RSS Asking for it in public is not advised---it is strictly licensed by Motorola,
    Batlabs and Hamsexy, and probably QRZ. have strict rules about asking for it---would be akin to asking someone online to let you bootleg their Windows xp disc..hope thats answer your Q?

5. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He's not listed by QRZ. What gives?

6. W3BNY

W3BNY Ham Member QRZ Page

No... Microsoft wont kick yer door in but Moto will. [​IMG]

7. KC2ESD

I ran the call K0DEN on the QRZ license check the day I first posted this thread. The call came up ok. Now its not listed WTF!?

8. KB2UBH

KB2UBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Click on FCC info and it will take you to it. Why it is not on here I have no clue.

9. KA5PIU

KA5PIU Guest

Hello.

I am fully aware of Motorola ® and the RSS issue.
    I was the webmaster of Arabhacks, the ex repository of Linux RSS that will do Motorola ® radios.
    The question was one of a connection between the suicide watch and RSS.
    And, if one cares to look, Motorola ® sent the very first "Nick and Ebay" letter to me.
    The court case was settled out of court, Motorola ® capitulated.
    When several members at Batlabs could not get me to violate the terms of the legal agreement there was this sudden ban.
    In a nutshell, Motorola ® will do nothing to me.
    And, Motorola ® gave up on the letters, for everybody.

10. N6HBJ

N6HBJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ reserves the right to not list some individuals on their database. It's most likely due to repeated poor behavior on QRZ or dispagaing remarks about QRZ made by that paricular individual.

11. N4INU

N4INU QRZ Member QRZ Page

AB2MH:
    It has been a long time since we have corresponded. The good news (as of now) is that Curtiss has been found and is all right. I do not know why K0DEN is not listed on the QRZ website. It is a fairly well known fact that amateurs are occasionally dropped by QRZ with no reason given. At any rate, here is "what gives" in the case of K0DEN:
    ____

Call Sign K0DEN
    (Vanity) Radio Service HV - Vanity
    Status Active Auth Type Regular
    Dates
    Grant 06/25/2003 Expiration 06/25/2013
    Effective 05/10/2006 Cancellation

Licensee Information
    FRN 0008230799 Type Individual
    Licensee Name
    SCHMAHL, CURTISS R
    15770 E. Colfax Ave. Lot 28
    Aurora, CO 80011

Amateur Data
    Operator Class Technician Prev. Op. Class
    Group C Prev. Call Sign KC0OWY
    Eligibility Code E

12. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone ever though of this ? maybe someone was doing it for attention.  or did someone hack the web site ?   overall if this person needs help I would strongly sugguest that person seek a LICENSED Counselor or someone in the Mental Health Feild. usually when its mentioned it gets ignored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.