ad: elecraft

SDRplay RSP-1a

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD2KOG, Nov 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. PE0CWK

PE0CWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

I have installed the SDR Play driver on my Samsung tablet Galaxy tab S3. It has a USB-C connector. A USB-C to USB adapter cable connects the two devices to feed and communicate with my SDRPlay2pro.
    When SDR Touch is loaded then about 75 mA is going to the SDRPlay. Activating the SDRPlay with the top right button then about 150 mA is flowing.
    Now I like to select one of the three antenna inputs of the SDR Play2. I can not find which input is selected. I do not like to activate ant. B because of its DC output.
    How can I manage that?
    I think that the SDRPlay driver is made for the SDRPlay-1 with only one antenna input?

2. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately the app currently doesn't have an option for selecting the antenna input. Maybe it will in the future but it was originally written for lower-end SDR's like the RTL-SDR so it doesn't support all the features of the SDRPlay. I have antennas connected to both the hi-z and unbalanced inputs so it just works, but I don't know which one it is actually selecting for signals below 30MHz. I don't think it would ever activate Ant-B on its own, it probably defaults to Ant-A above 30MHz and in any case the Bias-T on Ant-B is turned off by default.

3. KD2RON

KD2RON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is SDR play usable with Mac OSX. If so does your company include the software or do we go to other open source software. Are there any other issues for Mac users?