ad: Radclub22-1

CANCELLED: Saturday August 29, 2020 East Greenbush NY EGARA Hamfest :)

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K2HAT, Mar 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

UPDATE: This event is now cancelled :(

Usually held in early May, moved to August 29, 2020....

EGARA Hamfest Re-Scheduled to August 29th

at Request Health Officials

At the direction of local, state and federal health officials, the East Greenbush Amateur Radio Association has rescheduled its 19th annual Hamfest from Saturday, May 9th to Saturday, August 29th. EGARA fully supports the request in response to safeguarding the health of its members, vendors and the many Amateur Radio enthusiasts who attend the event each year.

The location of the Hamfest will remain the same, located at the pavilion of the East Greenbush Fire Department, 68 Phillips Road, Rensselaer, New York. The time will also remain the same, with the gate opening at 8 am, and vendor set up beginning at 7 am.

EGARA will use the additional time to further promote the event and its sponsors. Because so many Hamfests and Amateur Radio activities have been canceled completely due to the coronavirus pandemic – including the annual Hamvention in Dayton -- we believe our event will experience a surge in attendance and we are taking appropriate steps to handle the expected increase.

We want to thank our fellow hams, as well as our sponsors for their understanding and support during these difficult times. EGARA will continue to publicize our sponsor’s products and services as we continue to build and expand our 2020 Hamfest in August. These efforts will include our website, newsletter, and our ongoing marketing and outreach.

As we continue to build toward the new August date, we welcome Amateur Radio businesses and vendors to join our Hamfest as sponsors. They are invited to contact Bryan Jackson at W2RBJ@Outllok.com for information and details.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020
  2. K2HAT

Tentative plans are still for this to happen. :)

3. K2HAT

EGARA East Greenbush 2020 Hamfest Canceled

On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 10:29 AM, Nicholas Field <kd2jcr> wrote:

Good morning all and happy Independence Day.
    I would like to let you all know that I spoke with the fire department's President Cullum Thursday.
    She informed me that the FD was advised to cancel all rentals for the rest of this calendar year and that means our Hamfest as well.
    While I was on the phone with her she asked if she should return our deposit or hold it and use it for this upcoming year.
    Myself and our President Jackson thought it would be best if she held it and used it towards next year's Hamfest.

Just trying to keep you in the loop.
    Thank you and stay healthy
    73 kd2jcr
    Nick Field