ad: Flexradio-1

New Leadership at AM International

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N9AMI, Dec 27, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

AM THIN.png

I hope this finds everyone happy and healthy this holiday season. Dale KW1I and myself have been in discussion and working on a transition the last few months to pass AM International over to me.

Its all about Re Invigoration..... Some changes, I have built a new headquarters/website which AM International badly needed for years. I have also added a full fledged forum for everyone to have a voice on. It is open to everyone with an AMI number or not, just as long as your interested in AM operation. In my plan to re invigorate AM International all the certificates will go through the website. It will make it a much faster process. I will be bringing back the Thanksgiving Jamboree and something new I am developing called AMI On Ten. More information will be posted on the forum/website when I get the specifics setup.

AM International and myself want to still be a voice for AM and help protect our operating privileges and right to operate our favorite mode. This is another reason why the website and forum needed to be developed as the online presence will help with getting the word out again. If you would like your shack photo posted on the site please send it over via the website page meet AMI. I am also searching for new articles I can post on the web site and forum. Any ideas or critiques are welcome. The website and forum will change as time goes on so its always going to be a work in progress.

So if your and an OM or someone intersted in running the first voice mode of communications drop in on the forum say hello. I look forward to the future AM International. I have pretty big shoes to fill that Dale as left me and I will strive to do the best job I can. I know we can make things even more enjoyable for new and old operators alike.

Website
    AM International Headquarters

Sincerely,
    John McGrath N9AMI #1488
    AM International Executive Director

W7XLR, WA3VJB and KA0HCP like this.
  2. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi John,
    I just tried to join but it went right to PayPal for the fee. There's no formal application or method to enter my information.
    Apparently, I'm a lifetime member now. Thought I'd let you know who I am. :D

3. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the same experience as Tryon, W1TRY. Nothing asks for name, Call etc..??

James, KB2FMH in NY

4. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here. I will try to Join again latee. I do AN 95% of the time and VS the rest. No ssh here.

5. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I successfully registered to post to the Forum. The identification sequence to register probably ought to include a place to enter an existing AMI number, including a way to update to cover those who will have just enrolled and will be getting an assigned number and certificate soon after.

N4GST likes this.
  6. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I couldn't find any place on the page to register for the forum, so I just tried to post a message. That opened the registration information.

7. KB1MM

KB1MM Ham Member QRZ Page

Same experience as the others...No place to enter call sign/name. I'll return in a few days to the registration webpage and try again.

8. W3SLK

W3SLK Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know if I ever joined or not. I do know I am #12 of the 'Big Iron' club of years past!

Attached Files:

9. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

There are only places to enter a username and password. I used my call sign for username and made up a password.

10. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I paid through pay pal in the link but am in able to enter call sigh n. Or name.

11. EI4GEB

EI4GEB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great site , please support.

N9AMI likes this.
  12. N9AMI

Apologize for the payment window. Paypal has changed the API setup so I went in lastnight and changed it after 99 attempts :). Now you can enter your call and how you want your name on the certificate. Seemed like most folks figured it out and ened up emailing me to confirm. Appreciate the support of AM International.

WA3VJB likes this.
  13. KA1OXQ

KA1OXQ Ham Member QRZ Page

# 188 present and accounted for SIR...OXQ'S ME !...k

N9AMI likes this.
  14. WQ1C

WQ1C Ham Member QRZ Page

Joined just now; I have enjoyed a little AM action in the past, and I think it's time to get back into it again...even if it's with my Kenwood TS-570D.

WA3VJB and N9AMI like this.
  15. N9AMI

Doesn't matter as long as it has that AM button. Heck I have run some of these stinking swans on AM for kicks or to just try to start them on fire hi hi.. carrier one sideband. Its just all about enjoying the hobby and mode.

W7XLR, WA3VJB, N4FUR and 4 others like this.