ad: TinyPaddle-1

N0MWG Eric Pladsen CTO1 NavSecGru - 17 Sept 2018

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AE0Q, Sep 18, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AE0Q

AE0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

My brother, Eric B Pladsen, age 59, of White Bear Lake, fiercely loyal and loving son and brother, tragically took his life on September 17, 2018. He was preceded in death by his parents, Phyllis and Warren Pladsen, and is survived by his sister Karen (Gary) Bartig and his brother Glenn AE0Q (Merri) Pladsen. Thanks to Eric's close friend Jim for his abiding friendship. A private ceremony was held at Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis. Eric is be profoundly missed.

Eric and I enjoyed lots of motorcycle camping trips around the Southwest in the late 1980's and 90's. I told him too many fun stories about the Navy when I got out and came back to White Bear Lake from the Navy in Europe (1978), so he enlisted to also be a Navy Cryptologic Technician. Like me, Eric also ended up stationed at RAF Edzell, Scotland and bought a Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans motorcycle to ride on their crazy roads. After a 6 year enlistment he came back to Minnesota and bought a Triumph and a BMW motorcycle, eventually moving to Colorado for a few years.

GWP and EBP at Grand Canyon NP.jpeg NAN and EBP at Grand Canyon NP.jpeg
    Eric and Grand Canyon Background.jpg GWP and EBP at Delicate Arch, Arches NP.jpeg
    GWP and EBP at Canyonlands NP.jpeg Glenn and Eric 1988 Utah Trip edited.jpg

Eric, our father Warren Pladsen LCDR USN, and myself were all in the Naval Security Group, helping keep America safe from Russia.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023