MIAMI RADIO AMATEURS WILL BE LAUNCHING FOUR HIGH ALTITUDE BALLONS. SHOULD CIRCUMNAVIGATE PLANET.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4LCD, Sep 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N2NXZ

N2NXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

So your Pen is equivalent to a man who risks his life to protect his country ?
    You have too much time on your hands...fire up your solder iron and build something for us :)
    Make ham radio interesting and I will even make it too easy -
    http://www.om3bc.com/docs/payload/payload_en.html
    Jim

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow. Just wow.

Consider getting a sense of humor implant.

W0AEW likes this.
  3. N2NXZ

I think it was your delivery methods :(
    Sadly,all too often people will share something to a forum in hopes to find others interested.
    In most cases this is rare.
    In a perfect world you are either interested and want to to know more or you pass by without comment.But again...all too often people are compelled to just say something even if they know nothing about the subject.I have learned in this particular hobby PILOTS love to jump right in.Not as to help or add anything to the subject,but rather to take an opportunity to tell everyone they are a pilot and point out how smart they are.Another one I recall was an environmentalist...that was the most ridiculous of most.Then the"concerned" Barney Fife types feeling a need to educate us all on the rules and regulations of ham radio and how these 5 gram 10mw transmitters are an interference issue or illegal to transmit globally according to band plans.But yet...there are no rules in place for long duration transmitter flights to date YET ! So you most likely were having fun...but in the texting world there is no way to tell.
    We are all guilty of texting and sending the wrong messages . I mastered that long ago :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  4. K4GHL

K4GHL Ham Member QRZ Page

So according to the FAA, Juan has canceled the balloon flight. Apparently he was MOST rude to the FAA inspector as well, and even hung up on him (Juan hung up on the FAA).
    Guess time will tell huh?

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

How did you find this out? I see their web page says all four planned launches have been cancelled with no further explanation as to why.

6. N2NXZ

How misinformed most are :(
    Jim

7. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Heh.