MFJ-1234 - RigPi Station Server Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Dec 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9HBH

W9HBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well my internet provide is Hughes Net (satellite up in the sky) service is also not that good, I am stuck with the router/receiver/modem unit they provide.
    Contact them about the issue and got a big fat no back.
    Its to prevent gammers from using up all of the satellite resources.
    The only way they could/would provide a static ip address was with a business account to a valid business address.
    Well guess what I live out in the country side with no valid business or business address, also the huge increases in service cost is not worth it.
    So I be getting rid of the Rigpi box soon can't use it for remote operation
    Steve W9HBH

2. VA2PV

VA2PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Steve, what's positive about your location is that you probably don't have any issues setting up multiple antennas, hihi. 73 and Merry Christmas to you and your family. 73 Pascal VA2PV

WD4ELG likes this.
  3. WL7PM

WL7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Was your RigPi furnished with a decent printed operator's manual, with charts for connection to various modern tranceivers, and a detailed step by step instruction guide ?...

I am getting ready to simulate a RigPi from generic component parts: ie Raspberry Pi, 12 to 5 volt buck converter, USB sound card adaptor, and a frustrating assortment of splices, patch cables, head banging, hair pulling, YouTube videos and frequent reference to this thread...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  4. KL7WG

KL7WG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

no, it came with very little/

5. N9AMI

N9AMI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its not very good at all compared to other remote setups like Remote Hams and WinforIcom that I run without issues. I spend hours with the MFJ and my Pi4, I have it working for all controls and local and internet but still can't get sound right so glad I only spend the money on the software to try as I figured using mumble for sound would have issues. I loaded other raspian software on my card and I think I am done with MFJ Remote.