ad: MyersEng-1

Looking for CQ Zone #28 Special Events/DXpeditions, etc.

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K4ZOT, Jun 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K4ZOT

K4ZOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would very much like to confirm my 40th and final CQ WAZ zone #28 before the "Big Callbook in the Sky closes its Book" on this old Ham. I have a modest station with limited antennas. Putting up additional antennas is not feasible. I have a G5RV 102' dipole up about 40' and a MA-5B Compact beam at 32'. Main Equipment is a TS-590S and an AL-811 Amp. SSB and Digital would be my only available mode - I could work CW but it would be very slow for me. Working Mongolia and deep China was been impossible for me. I believe the Mongolia contest this year is November 11, but I cannot find an active website for the contest. Perhaps someone can inform me of their website this year or if it is even active.

I would welcome any comments on working Zone #28, perhaps the most helpful would be several Zone #28 contacts that would have some time to setup a schedule. Waiting until the next sunspot cycle improves is not a good option.

Thanks,

Glenn
    K4ZOT
    DXCC (210), VUCC (271), WPX (403), WAC, WAS, 6M-WAS, WAZ (39 confirmed)

2. K9RX

K9RX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm confused ... JT is not in zone 28, its zone 23 .... if indeed 28 then there are a number of YB stations that are active on 20 (I just worked one on 20SSB at about 1140Z this morning with a good signal) as well as on 40 in the early mornings both CW and SSB.

If you are talking zone 23 then probably your best bet is to get on 20 CWin the early morning when the SSN is at least greater than 0... there are a number of JT ops that show up there - occasionally ... we're talking 11 - 12Z or so ... also sometimes in the evening around 23Z - 00Z. Good luck!

Let us know which it is - 23 or 28 ... then I'll keep an ear out and send you an email if I hear any on... if its 23 then brush up on the CW! Its going to be a must ... (the only other alternative is FT8 where there are a number of active JT ops often on 20 and sometimes 40). Gary, K9RX, South Carolina

3. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I think you mean zone 23.

Take a close look at all of your UA0 cards. There are a few UA0’s in Tuva, which is zone 23. I believe the main city there is Kyzyl. You might get lucky and find that you already have zone 23 and don’t realize it.

4. K4ZOT

Yes, I meant zone #23. Just got zone #28 confirmed a few days ago. I really was looking for a contact in zone #23 to set up a sked.

5. K4ZOT

"I believe the Mongolia contest this year is November 11, but I cannot find an active website for the contest. Perhaps someone can inform me of their website this year or if it is even active."

Can someone please provide any information on if there is even going to be a Mongolia contest this year. Also, still looking for any JT or UA station that I can contact for a sked.

Thanks,

Glenn

6. K9RX

K9RX Ham Member QRZ Page

Glenn - JT1BV @ 1201Z this morning (9 minutes ago) on 20 FT8.... go get em!

Gary, K9RX

7. K4ZOT

Anyone heard Zone #23 recently or even seen it reported? I checked the reports everyday and never see zone #23. Poor propagation is obviously one reason and the other is just very few Amateurs operating in the area. I occasionally see a few stations in Inner Mongolia, but they never reach the USA only Asian contacts.

Glenn
    K4ZOT

8. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Glenn try to contact JT1CO he have best station in Zone 23 and also very active in contests

9. K4ZOT

Tnx for your suggestion. I will contact JT1CO and see if I can setup a sked.

Glenn

10. K9RX

K9RX Ham Member QRZ Page

Glenn, JT1CO was on this morning on 40 meters... he had a great signal here in South Carolina. Drop me an email at my ARRL email address (call sign) IF you want me to call you if i hear them on - I'm happy to do that - just send me your phone number and if there are any 'hours' to exclude or anytime is ok.

Gary, K9RX

11. K4ZOT

Thank you Gary - sent you an email.