ad: TrueBlue-1

Lab-599 Discovery TX-500 Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, Jul 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VK6TY

VK6TY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much for your review, I look forward to your
    In-depth review .
    I think it’s great that companies can still see a market in AR
    I think Purchasing a new transceiver is different for everybody we all have different requirements and ideas of what a good transceiver should be like. What I have seen and read so far I think this little transceiver will be just great for my applications I’m not worried about not having an ATU and I’m not concerned about not to not having a battery pack internally. I think back to the old days where just to have a radio with short wave was a real bonus now we expected it to have absolutely everything at a price we could never build one ourselves for.

I am looking forward to receiving mine and I’m sure I will have a lot of fun and pleasure using it with a good Mag Loop out in the field down under.
    John
    VK6TY

N4MMI and WB4NQF like this.
  2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

AH7I likes this.
  3. K4DL

K4DL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KA2FIR

Takahashi Mewlon would be a great substitute, hi.

5. K4DL

K4DL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My wife has a camera that she can take photos and videos of most of the planets. But it was not made in Russia. We don't support our nation's enemies.

US7IGN likes this.
  6. KA2FIR

Takahashi Mewlon is made in Japan.

WW2PT likes this.
  7. VK6TY

VK6TY Ham Member QRZ Page

How long before we get a full review.?

8. CD7CKU

CD7CKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have an iPhone? , it is made in China, like many other "American" products, do you remember the x15 ?, American astronauts on the ISS ?, they go up thanks to the Russians ...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    N4MMI likes this.
  9. KL7KN

KL7KN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

the 705 is expected to sell for over $1000 USD. If you could share the dealer name selling these for $400. - I'd love to place an order for 2 each....

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

He didn't write it would be $400. He wrote "+$400" which means about $400 more.

And it may be more than that. I see HRO is taking reservations with the announcement the price would be "under $1500" but they don't actually give a price.

WD4IGX and KL7KN like this.