ad: elecraft

JD1 May be Key to Future of Tech

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1YW, Apr 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K4SHA

K4SHA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I went to MT several times when I was a working at Camp Zama, Japan during the 80's. The Coast Guard left a few years after the GPS sat's were launched. Only thing left on the island is the JA weather station, still occupied from my reports a few years ago.

W1YW likes this.
  2. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

It's going to be inside the Wal-Mart planned to open by Christmas this year...on the left end of the runway. Parking is going to be a bitch on weekends though.

K9ASE likes this.
  3. K5JEF

K5JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

So many things one can learn on the zed.

4. K1SD

K1SD Ham Member QRZ Page

YET!!

K9ASE likes this.
  5. WD4AH

WD4AH Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn, should have listened to my realtor when she recommended buying some land out there....

7. KD6LOQ

KD6LOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

#leverageoverchina - Hey there Japan, 'ol buddy, 'ol pal!!....

WR2E likes this.
  8. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

This could be the perfect DXpedition destination. It has tower and radials I could couple up to in about 30 minutes and be on the air, a beautiful runway and beaches all around. It also looks like it's uninhabited. I wonder how tall that tower is? I want to go!

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe the LORAN C tower has been down for many years....

Not a great place to be at high tide....

10. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL!, There's not REALLY ANYTHING WE COULD ABOUT THAT IS THERE !!! Eventually OB a METEOR or ASTEROID (WILL NAIL US) !!! IT'S JUST A MATTER OF "WHEN" !!!

11. K7FTQ

K7FTQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Been there many times. Piloted a C-130 from Tokyo carrying supplies and US Coast Guard personnel to/from the island. The tower was for navigation signals (LORAN) for air and shipping navigation. The Coast Guard maintained and operated the antenna. Their facilities are located at the approach end of the runway (top left). The buildings at the other end of the runway housed a japanese weather detachment. Beautiful coral beaches surround this idyllic atoll. Great memories....

NL7W likes this.
  12. K7BMG

K7BMG QRZ Lifetime Member #55 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Well all I can say is that's gota be one hell of an extension cord to get power from Japan out their.
    Hi Hi