Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

that's not entirely true. If our licensing authority (whether the Yemeni government, or the U.S. government) decides we are NOT to contact stations from a certain country, then we must not, or put our license and ability to operate in jeopardy. That means you or I, or any Amateur doesn't have to right to answer any callsign we wish.

2. VA3TTU

VA3TTU Ham Member QRZ Page

This is what I mentioned in my post, #241, about the former USSR.
    But related question to World Ham Community: please raise your hand all those who did NOT work UA stations because of that.

Serge VA3TTU

3. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Look, it's unfortunate that the IDIOTS in the Yemeni Government are that SMALL and INSECURE as to order the guys (who are NOT from Yemen, but from everywhere) to not make any israeli contacts. But when you're on their soil, you have to obey their rules. It is my suspicion that a seperate log is being kept that will fix everything after they leave. Why boycott them? It's not their fault, and I think it will end up ok in the end.

4. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

It takes quite a feat to come back and stand before a crowd and apologize.

Apology accepted (speaking for myself). I wasn't offended. Think nothing more of it.

5. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

• I am not Jewish.
    • I support the Jewish people, both in general and my many friends and colleagues. I may not support some of the opinions of some people who might be Jewish and/or Israeli.
    • I support Israel, and its right to exist forever in security. I may not support all the policies of any given Israeli government, especially if I believe they jeopardize the safety of Israel or any other nation. Or if they are just plain wrong. I also support the rights of other countries in the Middle east (and elsewhere).
    • I support the right of any government to limit the contacts of its amateurs, for whatever reason, however hateful or misguided. As Riley has repeatedly said, just because one has the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do.
    • I support the right of any organization, including the ARRL, to establish whatever criteria it wishes for its awards, however misguided they may be. I also support the right of amateurs to run their operations as they see fit, however misguided they may be.As Riley has repeatedly said, just because one has the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do. I would add that much of the trouble in this world is not caused by bad people but by people with good intentions doing bad things.
    All that said, here's how I see it: Don't work them (I won't). If anyone asks why not, politely tell them. This will do more good within amateur radio than anything else. In for the larger world, including the Yemeni government, there are other options. OSISI.

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My call is NOT WA6MHZ/4X! (But they seem to think so!)

7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

A few 4Z stations near 7O frequency tonight. Coincidence?

8. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Correct, I was speaking of legal contacts, which I believe that Yemen is. We don't have to answer their CQ if we don't want to but if we wish too then we are free to do so. If we base our belief system on what many do concerning Israel, then to not be hypocritical we should not contact Cuba or any other despotic country. Israel has many civil rights and human rights issues in how it treats people ( they mistreat Arab Christians far more than the Muslims)but somehow we tend to "dismiss" it because of a misinterpretation of an Old Testament, ignoring the fact that they have been disobedient and no longer fall under the old covenant.

9. KK4AH

KK4AH Ham Member QRZ Page

4x1un is not in the 7o6T's log as of 5-4-2012 and if he is correct and they will not work him because of political reasons that makes the whole dxpedition of less value, but unfortunately not many will care.

10. K2BKT

K2BKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not 'jumped in', I was dragged in against my will. I was taught: "Never start a fight, and never be afraid to finish one".

"All That Is Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is That Good Men Do Nothing"

And I WILL work 7O6T if I can - this has nothing to do with the operators, or DX'ing. It has to do with the politics of the Yemini gov't, and some amateurs on here that don't have the good judgement to post their comments on a politcal blog, not here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.