ICQ Podcast Episode 265 - Online Purchasing Killing Hamfests?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, Apr 29, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KG5CJA

KG5CJA Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly why I primarily buy new these days. At least there is a "warranty," however poor it may be.

2. KJ6CA

KJ6CA Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoy swaps have got some great deals, it's fun to get the idem right then . But just running out of room for this stuff anymore. In my area there is still some good swapmeets . Yes it's fun to b. S. With others you don't get that on line. The online thing brings rigs that you may never see if you like the classics bobkj6ca

3. AG6ZZ

AG6ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

In my limited experiences at hamfests and electronics swapmeets (flea markets), I've seldom found anything that was a real bargain, and such rare bargains were for things that didn't interest me. The sellers appear to have checked online used prices, and added a premium, assuming buyers won't compare online with their smartphones. In fact, the most recent hamfest prices I saw convinced me to buy what I needed new (online, of course). For used items, the QRZ Swapmeet is great.

4. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh well the times changes and time to follow its changes i get better deals from ONLINE purchase old and new then wasteing time going to as fro gas and hotel or camping and spend the day walking around in circles and dealing ....so for 25 years plus I done online as far as back tot he BBS Net working with the C64 and not issues yet as long you check into your sellers history and address and do PAYPAL then that helps to be protected from issues if any....SO ONLINE buying and selling is the wave of the past of 25 years plus and the future.......cant hold back progression...