ICOM Joins the QRZ 25th Anniversary Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Sep 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0IP

K0IP Ham Member QRZ Page

I take acceptation to the following question in the quiz...........

An ancient teleprinter coding scheme.

Take this comment as a grain of salt, but even being ancient its still the mode of choice for Data type contests, and believe it or not,
    you can actually communicate (talk) with the station your working, finding out all sorts of things like , their name, etc etc etc,,
    being part of the generation of people that actually want to make a voice telephone call, I just finished getting my Teletype model 28 / HAL ST-6000
    ready for the first GREEN KEYS NIGHT Where I will get a real QSO in the log, a QSO that my PC didn't make all by itself..

get ready now
    , it took me a week to get all the parts and pieces integrated
    with my newer type radio, I needed to change a capacitor in the ST6000 loop current supply.

So all you ancient operators please turn your radio on ! ryryryryry

N5RV and K4EEZ like this.
  2. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Would that mean we would have a TRIO of grand prizes?:p

K9BPS and K4EEZ like this.
  3. KD9ERS

KD9ERS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think I'm learning more about Radio from this quiz then from the Exams! By the way, those are all great prizes.

4. M5FRA

M5FRA Ham Member QRZ Page

For information, UK M5 call holders are classed as a full license holders and so are allowed to use up to 400W PEP not 100W as in the trivia quiz. M5s were originally classed as A/B licenses which carried some restrictions on HF that was abolished in 2001.

de M5FRA

5. ZS1XB

ZS1XB Ham Member QRZ Page

BIG radio, BIG ears.....ha ha. Well who won't like to drive this awesome piece of equipment! ....de ZS1XB

6. DAN13L

DAN13L QRZ Member

What a great prize, I never win anything so I wish all the other entrant’s the best of luck.

Couple of Days I will be 40 years old and currently doing training to be able to transmit after being a shortwave listener for years.

Only taken 24 years to get a QTH and funds to be able to pursue a dream- slowly building my setup with second hand kit and my radio shack is the understairs broom cupboard.

Ps I’d be happy with a birthday best wishes :)

7. KJ4NNB

KJ4NNB Ham Member QRZ Page

Sweet