Happy 150 to “The Old Man” - The Hiram Percy Maxim Birthday Celebration (August 31 thru September 8)

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by W9JEF, Aug 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W9JEF

W9JEF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

From ARRL Letter of August 29, 2019 (hope this helps):

N1MM Logger+ users planning to operate the Hiram Percy Maxim 150th birthday celebration event must first download the file HPM150.zip.Then, extract the files into C:Users<your user name>(My) DocumentsN1MM Logger+UserDefinedContests. "HPM 150" will show up as a contest choice when you open a new log file. The event is August 31 - September 8. Operating FT4 or FT8 during HPM 150 is not quite as simple. According to WSJT-X developer Joe Taylor, K1JT, the two digital modes are "not a good fit" for the HPM 150 event. "There's no built-in support for two stations using non-standard call signs to work each other with standard auto-sequencing," Taylor said. "Messages intended for Field Day support the exchange of ARRL/RAC sections, but do not include signal reports." He said it's possible to piece together the necessary contact information using free-text messages and manual sequencing, "but most FT4/FT8 users would not find this convenient," he added. -- Thanks to Joe Carcia, NJ1Q, and Joe Taylor, K1JT

2. AG7KO

AG7KO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had seen this post before I installed it, downloaded the "zip" file and extracted the files. Moved the one file to the "support" folder which did not make any difference. It still reports "invalid section". I've since installed other logging software that is working fine. Thanks for the post just the same!! 73 Scott AG7KO

W9JEF likes this.