ad: TinyPaddle-1

HamRadioReviews blog post: TYT TH-8600 25W Mini Mobile Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by SV2RMK, Oct 4, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. SV2RMK

SV2RMK Ham Member QRZ Page

This just made its appearance online. I mean, literally, a few minutes ago. It’s most likely in pre-release stage.
    It’s an analogue dual band FM transceiver with an output power of 25W on 2m and 20W on 70cm. There is no indication on the spec sheet for the output on low power, or even if there actually *is* a low power setting.

[​IMG]

Read the full blog post here.

2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope the mic works better than their other radios.

SV2RMK likes this.
  3. SV2RMK

Which of their models are you referring to? I've heard a couple of complaints also. I don't have a mobile TYT though.

4. PE5I

PE5I Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard that they don't have manufacturer's warranty. So watch where you buy those things ...

SV2RMK likes this.
  5. KE0EYJ

I"ve got a TH-9800, and the mic is not very good. Certainly less of a mic than Yaesu's MH-31b.

I get by with it, but it's less than stellar.

I guess the other radio with the REALLY bad mic is the QYT, not the TYT brand.

SV2RMK likes this.
  6. KE0EYJ

The "warranty" is you shipping it back to China, on your dime.

I only bought the TYT radio, because Yaesu and other big names are twice the price in Korea (where I am now). In all truth, the 9800 I got has been an decent radio, with a lot of features. Resale will not be like a Yaesu, and the jury is still out on how long it will last.

SV2RMK likes this.
  7. SV2RMK

Yes, you certainly need to buy these from a reputable seller.

PE5I likes this.
  8. W9USS

W9USS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a few, there is a hi-med-low power setting. Rose Huang on skype her handle is xintai01, doing biz with her 2 years. she can tell you about these radios.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    SV2RMK likes this.
  9. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe that the quote "You get what you pay" must be true...but with problems on economics...i am sure in a lot of countries, they will sell enough...

N2YGI and SV2RMK like this.
  10. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Wasn't the Yaesu FT-90r a smaller dual bander with 50 watts? The FTM-10 too. At least the FTM-10 was targeted for motorcycle the ft-90 was not. Neither was that cheap though.
    That was years ago.

SV2RMK likes this.
  11. SV2RMK

Not sure about the FT-90, but it is certainly smaller than the FTM-10.

12. K6ZA

K6ZA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

TYT TH-8600 quick notes - 1. Mike audio reports excellent; 2. Internal speaker excellent audio; 3. TYT website PC programming software easy to use and quick. (note, install to a root directory or it will not write to your file) 3. ISSUE: Specs say "dual watch" function, however, receiving signal locks out the audio from alternate vfo channel unless you key down on that vfo. Very confusing. Busy lock is off by the way.

13. W6EUH

W6EUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Regarding the "dual watch" (dual receiver?)... Does it mean that it can work cross-band full-duplex? For satellite, for example, would you be able to rx in UHF while tx in VHF?

14. N5AQM

N5AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be happy with just crossband functionality for the FM birds. Anybody know?