ad: Alphaant-1

Grant Imahara (Mythbusters) dead at 49

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W7UUU, Jul 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

KE4OH, WD5GWY and N0TZU like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Seriously.... no Grant Imahara / Mythbusters fans here? I'm surprised! I LOVED that show - saw every single episode at least once, and learned a lot. When Grant was added the engineering just ramped up 10-fold IMO!

I just thought there'd be more folks here who felt the same way

Dave
    W7UUU

PY2NEA likes this.
  3. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of us have day jobs, Dave.

While I thought most of the show was just plain silly - I could always count on a few good laughs. I did enjoy the "rocket" episodes tho....

The cast is doing a lot of different thing these days, I was surprised on just how long the series ran.

Sad to see anyone leave so young....

W7UUU likes this.
  4. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

also
    UPDATED: July 14, 2020 at 11:47 a.m. Grant Imahara, the former co-host of the popular cable Discovery Channel series “MythBusters,” reportedly suffered a brain aneurysm that led to his death, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Imahara died suddenly on Monday night at the age of 49.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think this info is a bummer. :( I thought it was a cool TV show.

I think the show got canceled because to many kids were trying their cool stuff at home.

People should put a bar of soap in their microwave oven, Or charge their cell phone in the microwave, So that Grant Imahara can get a good laugh looking down at us.

RIP

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Grant seemed to be the nicest person on the show, and truly talented.

7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

My sons watched Mythbuster. I thought it was interesting but never tuned in unless my sons were watching.

I guess the show didn't bust any of my myths.

8. W7UUU

What I think I liked best was the progression over the years from "we have very little money so the myths must be pretty basic and cheap to do but be fun to watch" to "let's spend a ridiculous amount of money building the most insane rig to bust or confirm a myth"!!

Tory, Kari, and Grant really rounded out the "Adam / Jamie show" - for YEARS.

He'll be missed by many

Dave
    W7UUU

W1PEP, KG5THG, N1VAU and 2 others like this.
  9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m sorry the world lost him so soon. I did enjoy his shows, and I remember watching his robot battle shows with my kids before Mythbusters. At least he went very quickly.

W7UUU likes this.
  10. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoyed Myth Busters. Sorry to hear of Grant's passing.

11. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

His death really bothered me. It's really sad that someone of his intelligence and apparent health would go so young.
    I really enjoyed watching him on whatever show he was on, very intelligent and personable.
    I often joke that I have a list of people who should die, he wasn't on it.
    RIP Grant. :(

12. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

He was an enjoyable part of the show.
    I enjoyed watching the show, it was very interesting and was far better than a lot of the nonsense on TV.
    May his memory be eternal.

WZ7U and W7UUU like this.
  13. KX0Z

KX0Z Ham Member QRZ Page

For Trekkies he was also in Star Trek Continues on YouTube

14. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Grant really came across as a good person.
    RIP

SA1CKE likes this.
  15. W7UUU

He really did - and a very geeky and qualified engineer like many of us - in a "shop sense" kind of way.

Dave
    W7UUU