First Contact with an Icom IC-7610 at N8DXE by Tim Duffy, K3LR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Dec 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. K3LRH

K3LRH Ham Member QRZ Page

...nice radio. Pay no attention to the naysayers.....Good luck to all that own one.
  2. K4WNZ

K4WNZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have agree with JOE, pricey, but the video was nice
  3. DD4DA

DD4DA Ham Member QRZ Page

My experiences with the IC 7300 as an SDR device make me little hope, that this device will be better able to deal with large and dense signals. As usual, his price will be higher for the first 2 years - that's the case with all devices.
    Unfortunately, the OVR indicator of the IC-7300 shines far too often on my antenna and the rig is quite more noisy on the noise-floor than the aged IC-756Pro-III.
    Nevertheless, i hope that the IC-7610 will be a significant improved follower of the previous IC-7600.
    Just a nice TFT display and a direct sampler alone, just still do not make a radio to a good radio. The operating concept of the device is just as important as a good transmitter or receiver.
    After all, we are talking about a device that will cost $4000. Since you can expect a little more quality and performance, because it is no small change and it also excuses no major deficits.

I decided a few years ago for a kenwood TS990s as a successor to the Pro3, instead of staying at ICOM because the alternative IC-7600 was just so bad and was out of the question for me.

Well, let's see how the new IC-7610 will beat in daily operation.

vy 73 de Gerhard, DD4DA