ad: Alphaant-1

Ellen White, W1YL SK

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WN1MB, Nov 8, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably, will have to look into the log.

1 person likes this.
  2. WA4IGL

WA4IGL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ellen was friendly and very helpful when I requested help from the ARRL. May she RIP.
    John, WA4IGL

3. VK2ICJ

VK2ICJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was lucky enough to work Ellen in 2019. I was very happy as I had heard her years ago when I lived in the US but was unable to work her at the time and now living in Australia was able to complete the QSO. I sent her a QSL card and she was kind enough to reply with a lovely QSL card herself. Not a rare DX entity that I normally chase, but a card with kind heart felt writing on it from one of the Hobby's most inspirational people. We need more like Ellen. She will be sadly missed on 40m
    Chris VK2ICJ

W8KIC, AK5B and WN1MB like this.
  4. 2E0ETU

2E0ETU Ham Member QRZ Page

what a wonderfull lady not many around like her now RIP WONDERFUL LADY 2E0ETU

5. N8RQ

N8RQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What a great lady!! Wished I would have worked her. RIP Ellen.

6. UA6LAH

UA6LAH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am very sorry about that ! 73 VIC UA6LAH

7. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic interview Eric. She will definitely be missed.

4Z1UG likes this.
  8. NE0S

NE0S QRZ Lifetime Member #418 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I had numerous QSOs with Ellen over the past few years. I think she had trouble sleeping and I am a natural night owl. We chatted after midnight for most of our contacts. I remember speaking with Ellen during her time at the ARRL. I had a personal nickname for her "Queen Ellen". She always knew who it was when she copied Queen and we had a very friendly and warm time together via our mutual love of CW. I keep seeing things about Ellen in various readings. It is a reminder that she was quite special to a lot of us.
    I can honestly say that her passing makes me sad on a nearly daily basis. I don't think that she would want us to feel that way. Still, the late night QSOs we had don't happen any longer and I am still up and in the back of my mind, listening for her distinctive CQ

NJ1P and K6JRO like this.
  9. NJ1P

NJ1P Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the great pleasure of knowing Ellen (and Bob) back in the 60s. I even had the opportunity to operate their home station in Burlington a couple times. I also met the legendary Katashi Nose, KH6IJ there. I seem recall them using a Collins S-line back then. I remember sitting down to operate there one time and thought the band was dead. I called a short CQ with the beam pointed northwest. Immediate pile-up of Asians. And some rare ones in there! Amazing. RIP Ellen 73/88 de NJ1P (former WA!CJE) SK