ad: TinyPaddle-1

Easy Raspberry Pi Build version 3

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM4ACK, Jun 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KM4ACK

KM4ACK Ham Member QRZ Page

K1PCG, DK1ZX, AL7A and 7 others like this.
  2. K4FMH

K4FMH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice! Thanks for your work here...

DE2RVK and KM4ACK like this.
  3. DE2RVK

DE2RVK Ham Member QRZ Page

top info video 73 de DE2TRF

KM4ACK likes this.
  4. K4CDN

K4CDN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your continued work for this end of the hobby!

DE2RVK, KM4ACK and VA3CWT like this.
  5. WD8WV

WD8WV Ham Member QRZ Page

Jason's work has saved my Raspberry Pi 3b Plus from the trash can!!! It has set on the shelf for almost two years until I came across Jason's YouTube channel and his work with the Build-A-Pi!!! Great job Jason!!

TIMBERTOE and KM4ACK like this.
  6. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, this is excellent, congratulations.

KM4ACK likes this.
  7. WX4W

WX4W Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe I missed it but what is "Build a Pie". I didn't want to watch an entire video to find out so I skipped around. Maybe I missed it?

8. WB4OZM

WB4OZM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe I need another video on "what is RspPi" as I don't see how this is useful. Any direction would be nice. Thx 73

9. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Try https://www.raspberrypi.org/ for starters.

10. K7ART

K7ART Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice

KM4ACK likes this.
  11. WB5WAJ

WB5WAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I love Build A PI. I am having one problem. I have VNC working between my desktop and the PI, but when I start VNC Viewer on my laptop it will not start. I finally get the message "The connection was closed remotely. I have turned of the firewalls and no help. Any ideas?

Jeff
    WB5WAJ

12. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Laptop? So it's using a wireless connection? A WiFi router could interfere by not making the correct route. There could be some kind of firewall on the laptop that might interfere. That's a couple ideas to check, doing tech support by web forum will be a bit tedious. I don't want to be the guy that tells you to RTFM and buzz off but... did you look at the VNC documentation for ideas?

I've used VNC with great success over many years. One thing that I'll do to bypass some strange connection issues is to "push" the connection. I don't know how this might work exactly on your computers as each implementation has the set up done a bit differently. The first thing is to set your VNC client into "listen" mode. This opens a port on the computer to look for a server to request a connection. Then go to the server and have it send a connection request to the client. If you can SSH to the Pi then this should be relatively trivial to do from the command line. This process would be described under something like "establish reverse connection" in the documentation for your client and server programs.

I hope that helps.

13. KN4SKF

KN4SKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

can the pi4 be used for this project?