Do You Operate 30 Meters? What Is 10Mhz All About?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Aug 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WA5PQL

WA5PQL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great for CW. A lot quieter and more stable during summer storms season in Texas

KI4ODO likes this.
  2. N8WXQ

N8WXQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

30m is great. I am just about ready to apply for 30m DXCC. Mostly CW.

3. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm wondering how many of you 30m operators had the distinction of operating on it the evening it had been opened for AMATEUR RADIO use in (as I remember in OCT. OF 1982?) I had quickly put up a simple 1/2 wave dipole that early afternoon and was pleasantly surprise with the amount of stations to be worked on that inaugural day !!! Here 30m is relatively QUIET as compared to 40 or 80, morning, noon & night, which for us is a blessing !!!

4. KD2RON

KD2RON Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video. Just but up a wire dipole to give it a try with cw.

5. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

This thread inspired me to give it a try. Seems like in NC, it opens around 11 AM est to the neighboring states. Been up there several times making contacts.

KA1BSZ likes this.
  6. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have worked plenty of dx there over the years. now digital psk,olivia,jt65,9, and good ole cw!!! LOOK FOR ME KA1BSZ/MOBILE,VERMONT'S only digital mobile ( I think ) . worked mostly all states on this band. It's sorta like a 40 and 20 meter band without the contests!!! wished we had a phone segment on 30 meters!

7. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

some people are just jerks! I was asked to stay off a repeater up this way years ago and did I stay off?? NO!!!! I USED THEIR REPEATER EVEN MORE! THEN......Someone went shut off the repeater for everyone! no more repeater,no more jammers, no nothing! I kinda " used " the repeater little more than anyone else especially when they tried to drive me off when their little weather nets came on. I'd say " when we are done using YOUR FREQ, WE WILL TURN IT OVER TO YOU SO YOU CAN USE YOUR FREQ! oh by the way..how much did you pay the FCC for this freq?? I'd like to know because I want one for my radio station....thank you. " LMAO!!!!!

8. KG7VTO

KG7VTO Ham Member QRZ Page

Two questions.
    #1 Why would you do that?
    #2 What does this have to do with working 30 meters?

9. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

30M is my favorite band for QRP CW and I mostly do it with a 1934 National FB-XA receiver and a 1939 Meissner VFO from a US Army Signal Corps 150B transmitter. Antenna is a parallel 160/80 inverted V with a common feed.

I also have 9BDXCC on CW, 160-10M with 5W or less often using various very vintage "hollow state" gear.

Carl

10. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked HI3T last night around 2300hrs est. First dx for me in a very long time on 30.