ad: UR5CDX-1

Dayton Ohio Tornado - Hara Arena destroyed

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K9UR, May 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You mean most of the states in the United States?

Pat, even MA gets tornadoes. Want me to show my 2 foot thick oak tree, broken half way down in 1999 ;-)?

Vegas doesn't work. The NV convention on Vegas was...well, not of the prior 'Stardust' caliber. But hey, they tried to get people to come.

N8RAT likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Does 30,000 people at this year's event qualify as 'rebuild and bring back'?

N8RAT likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"XENIA LIVES!"

Pat--- 1974! I mean, really! And there were lots of tornadoes that week, including one in Brandenburg KY that killed some of my in-laws... :-(

[​IMG]

My MA QTH has seen more and worse events weatherwise in 45 years...

You prefer EARTHQUAKES:)?

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    KA0HCP likes this.
  4. N8RAT

N8RAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Damages must be in the hundreds of dollars.

WA8FOZ, KA0HCP and W1YW like this.
  5. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The end of an Hara ...

W8NDB likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Hahahaha!! Well played :)

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI...

LV area gets tornadoes too!

https://www.fox5vegas.com/weather/t...deo_b9af1d3c-6d46-5378-8168-7158e2c6968b.html

8. KD8CGF

KD8CGF Ham Member QRZ Page

9. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's look on the bright side. Perhaps, after all this time, the tornado has FINALLY cleaned up the sewage.

10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, but with the savings of demolition costs, Hara may actually make a profit! ;)

KD8CGF likes this.
  11. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Having witnessed the Xenia aftermath I cant even imagine anything worse. I was travelling from a stop near Cleveland to visit former neighbors and heading to the Street Rod Nationals in Memphis in 1975, a year later, and most of the town was still impassable and taped off.

Stationed at NAS Olathe KS 1959-61 we had regular tornadoes but nothing more destructive than tossing around trailer parks. The biggest one I saw was at sea and it was about 3/4 mile wide on the radar.

W1YW likes this.
  12. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Good riddance, I had been going there on and off since the late 60's when part of the National Radio exhibit team, and pretty soon a County Fair had less offensive odors and less thievery.

13. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to see a tornado some day.....from a safe distance. :)