ad: elecraft

10m contest; 2logs; how to submit

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AI8O, Dec 13, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AI8O

AI8O XML Subscriber QRZ Page

last night I thought I was finished with the 10m contest, and electronically submitted a log and got a confirmation number.

Today, I found some more tome on my hands and made 19 more QSOs.

How do submit these new QSOs?

Do I submit ALL QSOs from both days?
    or do I just submit only the new ones?

73 AI8O

2. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just resubmit your complete log. It will override the first one.

K8BZ likes this.
  3. KT4U

KT4U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I cant get it accept mine. It says not in cabrillo or not pasted in the box. I submitted the same format in the 160 and it was fine.

4. WA9PND

WA9PND XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you sure you submitted a Cabrillo log or did you mistakenly submit an ADIF? Should be able to open a Cabrillo in a text editor and have it totally readable.

5. KT4U

Here is a shot of what I am trying to get through.
    It even shows up in the box at the bottom on the log submit page. 16080305490016110546194312748020.jpg

Attached Files:

6. WA9PND

WA9PND XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't know if it will make any difference, but mine ends in "END-OF-LOG:" . Yours does not have the final ":"

7. KT4U

It has that when scrolled to the bottom. I just put it in the mail.

8. AI8O

AI8O XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KZ4KX

Sometimes there are just little errors that only the computer notices; that just bollix the whole thing,

I just redid the whole log posting shebang from square one.
    Started with raw data from my paper log, did the whole process all over, and then submitted it as a new log.

9. KA0REN

KA0REN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On occasion I have had the same issue . Once had to re-enter complete paper log 3 times before it was accepted !

10. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

http://contestsoftware.com/e/home.htm

I highly recommend LM. It is free software that you can import your log into and usually walk away with a correct log ready to upload. I've used it many times. Good stuff.

11. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Review the Cabrillo specs seen here,

https://wwrof.org/cabrillo/cabrillo-specification-v3/

It appears the following tag shown in the screenshot is in error.

CONTEST: ARRL 10 METER CONTEST

Per the spec the proper tag is just CONTEST: ARRL-10 (the hyphen is important!)

That is an important tag and incorrectly formatted so probably the reason their "robot" rejected the submission.

This is the tag my Cabrillo log submission had after being generated with the latest release of N1MM+ logger which was accepted without problems.

The Cabrillo format is now 3 generations old, perhaps your logger hasn't been updated. The text could be manually edited in Notepad to comply and the log resubmitted.

73, John, WØPV

12. SAINIVEDANT41

SAINIVEDANT41 QRZ Member

I highly recommend LM. It is free software that you can import your log into and usually walk away with a correct log ready to upload.