ad: CQMM-1

Learn Morse Code with the Ham Radio Solutions CW Hotline

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NJ7V, Jan 31, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. NJ7V

NJ7V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you looking for a way to learn, or practice Morse code? The CW Hotline might be a great option for you. This multi-functional device is an easy-to-build kit that will connect you with other people who want to learn. You can use it as a stand-alone practice oscillator, connect to VBand, or simply connect directly to any of your friends who also have a CW Hotline in service.

In this video I walk you through the kit build, configurations, and then demonstrate how easy it is to connect with a friend and start sending and receiving Morse code.

VA3IP, NJ2X, KM6SIK and 11 others like this.
  2. HA3FLT

HA3FLT Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

:p I know, it is not covid complient.

AA5BK, WG6R, PY2NEA and 3 others like this.
  3. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

;)

HA3FLT likes this.
  4. HA3FLT

HA3FLT Ham Member QRZ Page

...compliant... sorry.

N6VL and G0IZU like this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Going to mount one on my front door. If they can't figure it out then I won't come to the door.

N6ZP, KC8SBV, K4MID and 9 others like this.
  6. NJ7V

NJ7V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Haha. YES! filtering out your circle of friends to the ones that matter. ;)

N6BOX, K4MID, PY2NEA and 2 others like this.
  7. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Here's something to think about: I learned 20 wpm code not by listening to it, but by sending it to myself in practice.

AA5BK, N0IHM and KB1GKN like this.
  8. W9YAR

W9YAR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I send it text to myself once in 20wpm, and I recognized how bad I sound.... excellent idea for forcing improvement!

9. WO7T

WO7T Ham Member QRZ Page

10. DAUGHTERONE

DAUGHTERONE QRZ Member

11. KO2Q

KO2Q Lifetime Member 562 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You could also push the CW button on your Icom 7300 and spin the big knob counter-clockwise until you hear "dits and dahs" and learn that way without buying another box to clutter the desk...unless you like clutter...and spending money better spent elsewhere.

N3IOE, KM4JEG, N8TGQ and 2 others like this.
  12. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

I use 30m, or 17m, 100W less from the antenna actually, when bands are closed (or could they open, I really don't care) pounding series of 5 alphabetically switched letters with my homebrew sideswipper.
    Ressembles Enigma's, but it's not.
    Of course, identify myself each 10mn.
    Mucha fun, are we not children.
    :D

Oliver

AA5BK, KE0GXN and KO2Q like this.
  13. N4MJG

N4MJG Ham Member QRZ Page

I learn what each ltter sound like and number my hearing is not great but wearing hearing aid i can really copy most of letters and numbers !i can copy 7 wpm i start out slow wet feet lol will take me time but getting there once i pick up my speed no more then 15 wpm !

WH6CLZ likes this.
  14. LU9FMS

LU9FMS Ham Member QRZ Page

What a great device! Every single thing related to Morse Code is absolutely profitable and beneficial.
    Hope many other hams use the Ham Radio Solutions CW Hotline all around the globe very often.
    73's! ;)

15. N5KIR

N5KIR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree practice sending is very good as a beginner I have heard some very good sending and poor sending on the air trying to practice my copy skills. I may try to figure how to use a dual paddle key with the oscillator shown.
    I bought a music storage device at best made by Sandisk at Best Buyand and was able to copy cw files from ARRL web site on to the small Sandisk music storage device and listen to cw anywhere.
    New CW OP N5KIR