ad: ProAudio-1

Lab 599 Discovery TX-500 Transceiver

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by NU7R, May 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NU7R

NU7R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After watching their website for a year, I recently noticed the site has a download tab. And there you can download the instruction manual and firmware updates. So I emailed Alex at info@lab599.com and he replied quickly stating the radio is a available as a kit, directly from Russia. No atu at this time, though.
    That was at 2200 MST yesterday. This morning I inquired as to available and price, and expect to hear from him as soon as daylight reaches Russia. 73, NU7R

2. NU7R

Alex got back to me this am. Per his email: 699.00 plus 50.00 shipping. PayPal to alexaltai@mail.ru. Will start shipping June 5th.

3. DK2ST

DK2ST Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, James,

my TX 500 is on the way by mail since 1.06.2020. I wait for the device every day. I am very curious. I was just on your Qrz.com page. Unfortunately there was no email address on it. Therefore I write here. Did you order one too?

73`and greetings from Southern Germany near Stuttgart Airport

Olaf DK2ST

4. NU7R

5. NU7R

I picked up a CommRadio CTX-10 a few days before I found out Lab599 was finally shipping. So, I will wait a few months and see how the 599 is reviewed. I do wish they would put an ATU in it. My KX3 is a great radio, but a little fragile for use in the field. If you would, let me know how you like the Discovery. Thanks, James

6. DK2ST

DK2ST Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice device, I was just looking at it. I'll get back to James and tell him about the TX500
    73`Olaf

7. VE3IPS

VE3IPS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A Kit? you have to solder it? I dont understand their marketing plans at all

Icom 705 will be here in 2 months probably faster than building it and waiting for the kit to arrive
    John

8. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a little surprised no one is commenting about their use of jacks for peripherals. You're going to need an adapter just to plug in your key.

9. NU7R

The emails I got from Alex indicated it was a kit that required some assembling, but not soldering together. Time will tell, though.