ad: elecraft

A Ham's Night Before Christmas - Live from HamRadioNow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Dec 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

2016 is the 20th anniversary of my, ahem, legendary A Ham's Night Before Christmas. Or, as I put it at the time, another corruption of Clement Clark Moore's classic Christmas poem.

I wrote it for my local radio club and performed it live at their December 1996 holiday party. I don't remember when it hit the Internet, but within a few years it went a little viral as text. Around 2003 I recorded the poem in a studio, and it ran on Newsline and ARRL Audio News. Then I added music, and finally video (and then High Definition video). But it all began as a live performance at my club and (by popular request), several clubs around North Carolina.

A Ham's Night Before Christmas (HD) LIVE POSTER - no title for QRZ 250.jpg

So for 2016, I've gone back to the roots – a live performance, blended with the iconic QST Magazine covers, Gil cartoons and ads (all used by permission, of course). You'll find more background on the poem here, and the no music version that you can download and play over your local net here.

KG5LCV and WA3CAS like this.
  2. KD8JV

KD8JV Ham Member QRZ Page

This was so very nice to watch. And put together well. Merry Christmas, from Glenn Winningham, KD8JV

3. KG5QLS

KG5QLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Merry Christmas to All!

4. W4FSA

W4FSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Merry Christmas Gary and Cindy.
    Several of our less seasoned hams greatly enjoyed HRN 283.
    But, the number of questions the accompanying images generated was a history lesson.

Happy Holidays and see you in Orlando

Eric
    W4FSA

5. KG5AZX

KG5AZX Ham Member QRZ Page

Merry Christmas Gary and Cindy! This was a great video.

Brad Osborne
    kg5azx
    Mary Osborne
    kg5azy