ad: elecraft

N9PDC - Tom G SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W9YW, Jan 15, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W9YW

W9YW Moderator Emeritus QRZ Page

Tom Gwaltney was a ham in the local club, ex gunner's mate. He never really retired, and worked a night shift, driving many miles round trip to work.

Had to like the guy. There were Four Toms in our club, now three.

N9PDC was always there on the nets. The go-to guy when you needed a perfect cable solder job done quickly and correctly during Field Day. A six-meter guy, and he had just one more state to work.

He came and did VE sessions faithfully, even through a cancer phase.

One thing I learned from him: Dedication to the hobby and the people in it.

Congenial. Always ready. Energetic. Asked good questions. Had a smile for all.

I will miss the guy. Whoever gets his call has big shoes to fill; I hope they can aspire to them.

73s, Tom!!

Tom W9YW
    President, Bloomington Amateur Radio Club, and proud to have had him as a member.

W1BR likes this.
  2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Thomas R. Gwaltney, N9PDC SK

[​IMG]

Thomas Richard Gwaltney
    ( September 27, 2021 )

Thomas R. Gwaltney, 78 of Spencer, passed away on Monday, September 27, 2021.

Thomas is survived by his son Brian Gwatlney; five grandchildren and one great grandchild. He is preceded in death by his wife Kathy Gwaltney.

Thomas spent most of his time as an amateur radio operator. Thomas enjoyed fishing, gardening and attending to his property in Spencer. He was also a big Colts fan. Thomas retired from the Navy after 20 years of service. He also retired from Fed-x and as a heating a cooling repairman.

A Celebration of Life will be Friday, October 8, 2021 at Forest Lawn Funeral Home from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Funeral service will be held at 12:00 PM. Thomas will be laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memory Gardens with full military honors.

https://obits.forestlawncemetery-fh.com/obituaries/print?o_id=7646295

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU TOM - W9YW,

N9PDC a beautiful VETERAN  funeral flag.jpg

n9pdc pix.jpg

A FINAL SALUTE U.S. NAVY.jpg

1 1 a beautiful funeral flower NEW.jpg

N9PDC 1 1 ARRL SILENT KEY LOGO BLUE.jpg

N9PDC A ARRL VEC BLUE BKGND.jpg

1 1 a arrl candle.jpg

4. N9UTJ

N9UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Dang Tom was a friend of mine and my Judy's Kc9htt she died 2010, we lived in Cunot then Jasonville ,,,I will miss Tom I did not know this until now .