ad: Flexradio-1

Last Man Standing Special Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AG4RT, Feb 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Okay, I Wikipedia-ed him....never knew that about the guy. Oh well, I never was interested and still not interested of any his shows even before I knew that.

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't like his shows...just didn't seem entertaining to me. But he is a real success story, obviously talented, and I'm certainly appreciative for how supportive they've been of amateur radio.

KE0GXN likes this.
  3. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Every other time they were on the air I was at work. I'd bring in my KX3 and EFHW and try to work the station during an afternoon break. By the time I was out of work they were QRT and you could still hear stations calling.

Operators of the KA6LMS station were always local hams, hams from out of town who scheduled a time, etc. I have no idea if Tim ever did operate it. Just for the novelty of the thing I'd like to get one QSL through and this is the last chance.

As for TV, I don't even have one. Stopped watching TV about 17 years ago, not much seemed very entertaining and I was to occupied with reading books, projects, travel, camping and eventually back into Ham Radio after 36 year absence.

73 and good propagation to you all.

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice to work W6S on the last pass of DIWATA 2B (PO-101).

5. K5JXO

K5JXO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tried but couldn’t get them. Only one that came in clear was 1 adjacent to some net and they were all over each other.

6. W1GHD

W1GHD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don’t understand the attraction, it’s not like anyone from the show is actually on the air.

KQ9J likes this.
  7. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I know, right? It's like the silly 13 Colonies special event. It's not as if any of the Founding Fathers are on the air! :D

Chris

8. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So isn't talking to regular everyday people what ham radio is all about?

W4JFA likes this.
  9. VE1JMB

VE1JMB Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't normally do contests, but this event has been a lot of fun and so far I have had six contacts in all different modes. I have really enjoyed hearing from the cast members/crew of the show that have sharing short tip bits of the show while doing the contest.

W4JFA likes this.
  10. OH8CEH

OH8CEH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On saturday night I was trying to contact via Echolink. I stayed awake all night untille 04:00 locval time when it came number 8's turn. i tried to log my call, but did not succeed. Little bit disappointed, but that's how it is s0metimes. I've been trying to catch also with FT8, but seem that with my equiment it's not so easo also.

Maybe keep on trying still tonight to get even one Ft8 QSO!

de Janne / OH8CEH

p.s. I found out that Viaplay has the show on Finland's selection and I started to watch Season 1 yesterday. For me it seems to work:)

11. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Old actors don't die, They go into syndication...

12. N1OG

N1OG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried to get through on fusion Saturday night (7pmEDT it started) but the echolink transmissions stomped all over me and I was unable to make a contact. The COMPLETE lack of etiquette from the contesters makes me not want to get into contesting. Maybe I'm just getting old and can't handle needy self entitled people on the air who think that protocol and respect don't matter.

I hope that those who have other modes as an option had fun.

ND6M likes this.
  13. KU5D

KU5D XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know what was more entertaining. Hearing the guy from 9 land keep giving his call when they say 4 s only... He was finally singled out and his excuse was "oh I thought you meant calls with 4 letters" ... or the guy who took it upon himself to be the QSO police and berate everyone who was calling out of turn...which he QRM'd folks with the actually number they were looking for.... all in all it was a blast...except... what the heck is KA6LMS/3 doing? Where are you? :D

N1OG likes this.
  14. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL...Sounds like I didn't miss much. Glad I stayed away.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021