ad: AbAuRe-1

Dayton Refund

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by W6IR, Jun 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W6IR

W6IR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anybody sent an email or 2 in an attempt to get your refund for Hamvention and still haven't received it? I'm up to 3 emails without a response. The first email was sent shortly after they announced the refund policy. The 2nd about 2 months later and the 3rd over 2 weeks ago. I think it might be time to email or call the DARC president.

Hank
    W6IR

K0UO likes this.
  2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You get a rain check for next year. :)

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think most cancelled attendees donated their tickets to the next year's event.

4. W6IR

Good for them. I'm not interested in buying them new radio gear. I asked for a refund and expect a refund. 3 other events that got cancelled have refunded my money paid. Not sure what's so hard about that especially when I had ticket in hand a week after I paid Hamvention and that involved the US mail.

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

from their website:

"Refund Information Update

The refund process is taking longer than anticipated. We have been busy processing refunds for advance registration and inside exhibits. Next week we start the process to refund flea market vendors. Flea market vendors will be contacted by early next week and we hope to have the process done by the end of July. While this may be frustrating, we are committed to getting everyone refunded. Thank you for your patience as we work through this process.

Jack Gerbs, Hamvention General Chair

Due to unfortunate cancellation of Hamvention 2020, we know that tickets, inside booth spaces and flea market spaces have been purchased. These purchases have been made by online credit cards, mail order checks and purchased from our outside vendors. All refunds will be through the same method of purchase. All credit card sales will be refunded to the original card used to make the charge. All check and cash sales will be refunded by check. We anticipate all refunds completed as soon as possible but not later than August 1."

6. W6IR

"The refund process is taking longer than anticipated. We have been busy processing refunds for advance registration and inside exhibits."

Like I said, they processed the sale in record time but 3 months+ since my first request for a refund and nothing seen or heard.

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

We anticipate all refunds completed as soon as possible but not later than August 1."

8. W4OKW

W4OKW Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone have the latest rumor regarding refunds? It's nearly Halloween and "radio silence" from Dayton. Emails remain unanswered. Will the 'fest take another by for 2021?
    73 de Tom W4OKW

9. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member

W6IR:

Write DARA by snail mail "CERTIFIED MAIL -- RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED". That way you have p[roof with legal status that you demanded your refund.

I'll let you take it from there but I have some good ideas depending on how p****d off you are.

10. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Monday Jan. 11, 2021
    Hamvention 2021 Cancelation Release:
    “Unfortunately, several setbacks in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic make necessary the difficult decision to cancel Hamvention 2021. Hundreds of volunteers have been working to do everything necessary to bring this Hamvention to the many amateur radio enthusiasts and vendors who support the Dayton Hamvention.

Vaccine distribution both in the United States and around the world is lagging behind what was planned. In addition, the emergence of a more communicable form of the COVID-19 virus increases the potential for further public health problems in the next few months. We make this difficult decision for the safety of our guests and vendors. Those who had their tickets deferred last year will be deferred again.
    Stay tuned for information about a QSO party for the Hamvention weekend. We’ll be back next year!!!
    Executive Committee, Dayton Hamvention 2021″

11. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member

Another organization that has their priorities straight.