ad: AbAuRe-1

The "Super Awesome DXpedition-in-a-Box" is Complete!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WX4TV, May 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N4KIN

N4KIN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job on the #ShackInABox and the video!!

2. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yutubeを見ました。
    非常に素晴らしい。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

JF1IRQ from Japan.

3. KO4CES

KO4CES Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent presentation, Hope. You articulate better than many attorneys, politicians, and college students. Yesterday, I purchased your Solaris Plus 360 Watt Hour Solar Generator.

KO4CES

WX4TV, W4ABC and G3SEA like this.
  4. KD2MDS

KD2MDS Ham Member QRZ Page

After watching this and Hope's other videos in the past, I'm amazed at her capabilities and her intelligence. I thoroughly enjoy watching them, she is AWESOME!
    The simple fact that she is an EXTRA is amazing, and she is fun to watch. Hope's parents did a great job with her and are very lucky to have such an awesome daughter. I hope to see more of her adventures in the future.

WX4TV likes this.
  5. N5AQM

N5AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent! Keep up the great Work!

Mike

6. G3ZPF

G3ZPF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent video. There is 'Hope' for the future of our hobby.

G3SEA likes this.
  7. K2JAT

K2JAT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's refreshing to see such bright and lovely faces not to mention their youth. Great presentation and by the way, I like the Mixed Nuts gag!!!!

W4ABC likes this.
  8. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool presentation ! Future of Ham Radio looks bright with Hams like this pair :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

9. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

It's refreshing to not see a single negative comment coming out of the QRZ cesspool. Excellent channel and always outstanding information.

W4ABC and G3SEA like this.
  10. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice setup, and a good video! Appreciated the humor near the end.

In the video, the Lea sisters (whom I met very briefly at Dayton last year) are calling "CQ 44" and identifying their location with "KFF" and a four digit number. I have heard this on the air from folks who seemed to be doing POTA activations. However, a Web search does not turn up a good explanation for the use of the number "44". Nor can I find a list of the locations that that are apparently identified by codes that include the letters "FF". (It appears that "FF" stands for "flora and fauna," and it seems to be prepended by one of the callsign prefixes for the country where the site is located. But some of the sites to which hams were referring on the Web seem to be historic sites such as national monuments rather than nature preserves or parks.) Anyone have a good reference for the sites, the codes, and the information exchange being used here?

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

This was very enjoyable to watch and a lot of fun. Really inspirational. :)

Dave
    W7UUU

12. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

13. N9VTB

N9VTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for this great video.
    This go box is made very nicely absolutely professional work however best part of this video are this two beautiful very intelligent girls .
    Parents can be very proud of them
    GZ

14. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you! The Web sites are a bit awkward, the selection of physical locations that have codes is almost random (many parks and points of interest are missing), and the justification for the use of "44" defies science (4 elements - in this day and age?). But it nonetheless looks like an enjoyable game for portable operators.

15. W4JF

W4JF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope....Great job explaining your gobox. You may need a little more air movement to the body of the 7100 if you expect to run it on heavy some of the more heavy duty cycle modes such as PSK31, RTTY, or AM...or even the JT modes. There is no such thing as 'too much' air when we are trying to cool-off heat sinks in a confined and enclosed area. Since the rear (bottom) of the case is already somewhat compromised to the outside, another air intake in this area would be a good bet. The layout is nice and concise. Can't beat a Pelican case. Good choice of gear all around. Nice cable and wiring quality.
    Hope all of your family is doing well. Keep up the good work.

Joe W4JF

WX4TV likes this.