ad: k1jek

Raspberry Pi for Ham Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM4ACK, Nov 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N9EEE

N9EEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Does using the "incognito" mode in Chrome prevent any of this?

2. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ghostery does ;)

3. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

You're hiding the key in the mailbox instead of under the doormat.

4. KR3DX

It blocks SOME intrusions, but it's a game of "Spy vs. Spy" when you're on the internet. The basics are: Don't use any Microsoft or Apple or Google products, use a Linux operating system instead. Use "Pale Moon" as your web browser and install the "nMatrix" and "Eclipsed Moon" extensions. This makes web browsing tedious, but you have to choose between that and your privacy. Don't "sync" your various devices. "Log-In" to as few websites as possible. Use the Tor network to hide from your ISP. There's not enough room here to even BEGIN to explain it all. See the Edward Snowden papers for details. https://www.edwardsnowden.com/

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    K0VWA likes this.
  5. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Spot-on explanation, but I'll add one subtle point:
    "... they can draw any conclusions about you that they want..." , and they can (and WILL) share those conclusions with whomever they please, and can profit from. It won't matter if those conclusions are in error, you WILL be branded with those inferences throughout your traceable internet usage. Even scarier stuff.

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

KR3DX likes this.
  6. KR3DX

Absolutely. You will be profiled, categorized, branded, and labeled according to THEIR definitions, right or wrong. This is the danger that is faced by those people with the attitude that "I have nothing to hide". Here's a quick test for your web browser: https://panopticlick.eff.org/
    Click the "Test Me" button. The first 3 results should be "yes", the 4th should be "no". Number 5 will almost certainly be "no". Click on "Show full results for fingerprinting", and see how you can be tracked WITHOUT cookies or other common methods of following you around the internet. My results for number 5 shows my browser fingerprint to be unique, but the results change every time I re-load a web page because I'm spoofing the info that my browser supplies. So, I look like a different entity to each web page that I visit. ;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  7. G6ZDP

G6ZDP Ham Member QRZ Page

When is part 2 available & how will I be notified that part 2 is available

8. N7KDL

N7KDL Ham Member QRZ Page

Part 2 has been available for a few days. Try this link

9. AB6P

AB6P Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video and reference info. Looking forward to Part 2
    Tks

10. W0BBL

W0BBL Ham Member QRZ Page

You will see the day, when in like China, you can be blocked, restricted, denied access and information based on your information. Some of this already takes place but isn't always obvious, but it will become more so within the next few years (3 to 10). It will affect your ability to buy and sell. By 2030 everyone on the planet will have a digital ID, even people in "3rd world nations" that have no internet access will have a global digital ID. Look into ID2020 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the United Nations and you will then understand what this is all about. I know, "off topic, rabbit chasing". I'm out.

11. NU8J

NU8J Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here, going to order my pi 4 tomoorow.

12. KB8DNQ

KB8DNQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the video, and the
    qso on Olivia
    Doug/kb8dnq

13. N1GKE

N1GKE Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video, thank you.

14. OH7UDH

OH7UDH Ham Member QRZ Page

15. OH7UDH

OH7UDH Ham Member QRZ Page