ad: ProAudio-1

FCC ISSUES $18,000 NAL TO KC5CSG

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

If that IS the case, then he is still committing an illegal act which should be prosecuted. Arguments with, to, and from another entity is another matter to be adjudicated in a different court. I DO find it interesting, however, that a poster (not you) that claims to be a member of QRZ is posting under a pseudonym. If these are facts as so stated by the poster, then why hide? Me, I don't have a dawg in this fight and I am posting facts of which I AM aware. This one, I cannot truly speak to. And IF the subject of the fine is still playing music and behaving contrary to Part 97, then such behavior annuls arguments of innocence. It matters not whether there's the presence of a Net; it matters if the person is playing music (illegal on its face via Part 97), or if he is deliberately interfering with legal QSO's on a amateur band.
    Hearing such, as a licensed operator, I'm sorry, but I would thus be skeptical of the violator's credibility on its face when it comes to his past, present, or future operations!

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

What confounds me is that someone would want to jam a repeater. That shows that the person has no regard for other people's rights.

If someone told me they were going to harm my wife or daughter if I didn't stop my illegal jamming, I think I would stop my illegal jamming, not increase it. Regardless of the fact that it was a threat. People do wacky things, you don't respond to wacky actions by doing more wacky things, you remove yourself from the situation, you don't try to escalate the problem. Unless you are a mental case, or doing it for some retaliation.

In any case, there is no defense for what has been alleged. Threats toward you do not validate illegal activities of any kind, especially actions that are just for revenge, not in self defense.

3. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well.. our US Marshall WAS armed at the time. I agree that in such an instance it prolly wouldn't have a good end.

W0FS likes this.
  4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Time to break out the hip boots
    Time to break out the hip boots.
    The B.S. is starting to get deep, And I don't have a snorkel

5. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Time to move to the second floor Bubba:p

KD8DEY likes this.
  6. KA5PFB

KA5PFB Ham Member QRZ Page

This guy has been harassing our club repeater and especially our weekly nets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The club has done nothing to provoke him. He jams our repeater and completely blocks our communications. He has already said on the air that he will not pay the 18000 fine that he was charged by the FCC. The guy broadcast vulgar language, racist remarks, and makes threats of physical harm to club members by name. We don't know what to do next to get a solution.

W0FS likes this.
  7. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Get with the Calcasieu District Attorney's Office and the Justice of the Peace to file criminal charges if need be. While you are at it, get a restraining order on him from the District Court if necessary. If the stupid idiot violates that, well, cross bar hotel will be his next stop.

W0FS likes this.
  8. MRWONDERFUL

MRWONDERFUL QRZ Member

This coming from the guy that loves the repeater war so much he can't wait to talk about the bluewaffle wars whenever he can. You should hear this guy in the recordings.

9. MRWONDERFUL

MRWONDERFUL QRZ Member

KA5PFB what you say is one thing. What's actually on video and actually recorded trumps hearsay and I do have all of the recordings. I know the guy and he's sending the files to everyone he knows. Falsely reporting interference to a non existent hurricane net can come back and bite that club in the butt considering that's one of the reasons it was considered egregious. Having an open conversation on the repeater about the best time to abduct his daughter (going to or from school) is harassment and could be considered terroristic. Announcing on the repeater for all to hear that you're going to kill KC5CSG and then keying up again afterward and saying you're going to kill his daughter is definitely fitting of terroristic activity. Need I say more? So don't come on here acting like a victim because some us, the ones that have the recordings, know better. Now I'm not accusing you guys of actually being capable of that but I've noticed you guys like to bait him whenever it got quiet on your boring repeater. You guys were active participants in a repeater war and like sore losers you called the FCC and played the victim card.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  10. KA5PFB

We have tried to get law enforcement to do something. Trouble is hasn't broken any laws yet. It isn't against the law to make threats. His radio actions isn't against the law even though it violates FCC rules. Our only hope is that FCC enforcement would have the power to physically do something like equipment confiscation or jail time. Right now he is mocking their attempts to stop him.

11. KA5PFB

I think have discovered the identification of mrwonderful. Hello Jerry. Guys meet KC5CFG himself.

12. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a government bureaucrat for a few years. This is just managerial malfeasance. There are wussy political appointees (of BOTH parties, come on people) in DC that decide what is a priority and what isn't. They have chosen to let us all suffer lest one idiot with a Baofeng can jam a repeater for years.

Due process goes both ways. You have the right to a speedy and fair trial. Same is true for civil hearings. What is not cool is the FCC takes years to do anything. This is a slam dunk. And he's already back at it. I am hoping a zombie takes him out first during the apocalypse, lest an enraged ham do it and actually get into real trouble!

There are bureaucrat wimps in charge, and I imagine a lot of engineers who bang their heads on the wall knowing this is downright immoral sometimes. I feel bad for the rank-and-file lackey who is essentially roadblocked by some appointee. I imagine 95% of the FCC are great people, with a few idiots in key positions. True of any DC bureaucracy, trust me.

They would rather repeal Net Neutrality and potentially screw over humanity, than revoke a repeat offender's license. Shows their priorities. All business-friendly, and hams can deal with the chaos. If given the choice, the current FCC would liquidate the entire amateur spectrum for a few million. They are doing that to microwave bands all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2018
  13. KA5PFB

I thought that non ham operators were not allowed to take part in the discussions here. "mrwonderful has joined the QRZ.com forums and is participating in the discussing in this thread. This person is actually KC5CSG. He can prove me wrong by producing a verifiable ham radio call sign.

14. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Forget the snorkel, Need full scuba gear, The B.S. has done hit the rafters.

15. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Participation in the forums do not require the individual to have a callsign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.