ad: M2Ant-1

new 630 meter band

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W5KUB, Sep 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

R(feed) (RL) is barely an ohm. Even with top loading peak modeled gain is barely over unity.
    Hence a bundle of watts in for 5 watts EIRP . Unless I need another cup of coffee...

@NO3M Thanks for the explanation. I did have it nearly right

2. NO3M

NO3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you get the losses down to a tolerable level, say 50-75 ohms, it'll only take a little over 200W to get to 5W EIRP. Getting there includes radials, ground screens, whatever you can tie into to lower ground loss and constructing your loading coil for high Q, ie. "fat", low resistance conductor, optimal form factor, away from other objects to reduce leakage paths, etc. As a general guide... anything above 100 ohms combined losses for 630M is pretty bad, 50-100 tolerable, 30-50 good, 20-30 very good, 10-20 excellent, <10 exceptional.

3. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

so base loaded with
    [​IMG]
    https://www.amazon.com/inch-yds-Copper-Foil-Tape/dp/B00CBPM9RY
    ...wound around the 110' tall 4' around the base, Douglas Fir tree out back, say 10-15 turns , tapped up from ground, extensive ground radials, couple of vacuum caps, feed it from the house with the 7/8" hard line, strip one of my commercial inverters for the active devices ...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to see pictures of the tree after that exercise. ;)