ad: Mountaingoat-1

Give something back to ham radio

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K9ILL, Jul 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9ILL

K9ILL Ham Member QRZ Page

The Intercon Net has been on a frequency of 14.300 mHz since about 1960. The net takes general check ins and every 15 minutes, we put out calls for emergency, medical or priority traffic but most of the time, we just take general check ins from hams just looking to rag chew for a short time.

Many of our net control stations have been on the net since it started and are ready to retire. We are in dire need of Net control stations looking to join an established net and give back to ham radio.

As an Intercon net control station or net relief operator, all that is required to run the net is to put out calls for general check ins. There is NO paperwork to fill out. You can run your net the way YOU want. We send out a schedule every week with slots that need to be filled. You can pick and choose the slot you would like to fill. It's all voluntary unless you ask for a permanent slot.

Here's your chance to talk to aeronautical mobiles, (jet air planes) and maritime and marine mobiles out on the sea. Even if you are a newly upgrade to general class, you are welcome to contact me and we'll discuss it.

I'm sure most of you have at least one hour a week you could donate your time to the Intercon net and have fun making contacts around the world. You would be given access to our net logger to log you're contacts and be able to live chat with other Net controls while in the logger.

The Intercon Net operates 365 days a year......... Please contact me at 1024truck@gmail.com. K9ILL/KD9ILL........... Thanks for looking.

W5BIB and N6QIC like this.
  2. NY7Q

NY7Q Ham Member QRZ Page

what happened to the MARITIME NET??

3. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The pages for 14300.net and interconnet.org are down. Anyone know why?

4. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

It says on the OP's bio page the website was hacked.

KC1GRN likes this.
  5. KK4GGL

Which bio page is that?

6. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KK4GGL

Thanks.
    I looked at that page several times and for some reason just didn't see that line.

N6QIC likes this.
  8. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

I seem to remember that the Intercon and MM nets were on 14.313 Mhz for most of the 60s and early 70s.
    Tom WA4ILH